`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any opinions on MARK TRUMBO?

Any opinions on MARK TRUMBO?
hey all- bought a clearance 2011 topps chrome and pulled a purp refractor trumbo..I have been hearing alot about him, power hitter, etc. Can i get your peep's input on his prospect status? did he play big league yet? yes i can google him, but i like the collector's opinions.
thanks

RE: Any opinions on MARK TRUMBO?
hes a beast- played in the majors most of last season, came in 2nd in ROY voting i believe. word is he will be moving to 3b for next year with prince albert going to the halos
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

Young corner infielder/DH with pop. He's already 26, so he's entering his prime power years. HORRIBLE plate discipline though (.287 career OBP and 120:25 K:BB ratio last year). He'll probably pan out and will benefit from having Pujols in the lineup.
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

Think Adam Dunn in the good years.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

At the moment he seems to be the odd man out with Pujols at 1B and Morales finally coming back and taking up the DH spot. Unless Morales doesn't put up the numbers he did before he got hurt a trade to another team is probably going to be Trumbo's best bet IMO.

Keep in mind Trumbo is recovering from a similar injury as Morales so it's possible he might not even be ready to play until later in the season at which point he'll be behind everyone else.

thanks for the insight - the halos took my redbirds' boy, so i by default will be following them more now.
hurry up spring training already!

(01-20-2012, 01:19 PM)tdog4468 Wrote: Think Adam Dunn in the good years.
Ummm....Probably way closer to Jack Cust than Adam Dunn. He was a 26 year old rookie- that say's a lot. No positional value defensively (he wasn't a real good 1b'man, so it's unlikely he'll make the transition to 3B) and the DH spot will likely be occupied buy K Morales, with probably 150 DH ab's going to Pujols and Morales spelling Albert at 1B. But, health is a big ? with Morales, so...we'll see

really really good things to think about--- looks like i went to the right place to ask
thanks

Trumbo happens to be injured right now too. Stress fracture in his foot, he assumes rehab will end by spring training, but working on position switching stuff etc may be delayed.

Trumbo has also trained with the great Domingo Ayala, so I expect big things from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxMqFu3n1Rw