Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Begining to organize...

Begining to organize...
Hey guys,
I havent posted much here before but anyways....

I have hundred of thousands of cards that I have collected for the past 20+ years. Id like to have them all catologed and organized.

I was using the card collector 7.0 program and was probably 70% done, but then my database crashed and their technical support told me i was SOL.

i have been looking at the Organize feature through my collection and it seems intriguing.

Anyways, do any of you have any tips as far as organizing goes? My collection got a little out of hand. Sad

RE: Begining to organize...
Once you finish with yours come to pittsburgh and sort out 10 million cards hahahaa. The org on here is pretty easy and wuick to find stuff
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(01-18-2012, 10:20 PM)chads-cards Wrote: Once you finish with yours come to pittsburgh and sort out 10 million cards hahahaa. The org on here is pretty easy and wuick to find stuff
Yeah...about that haha!

its a lot of work and quite the pain staking process but it is really nice once you get everything catalogued. If you have a lot of cards from a particular set you can upload most of them at one time by searching the set and then checking the box next to each card and uploading at once. For me it is much more difficult because I buy a lot of singles and I also load each card I have into my Filemaker program and to do that I must do it one at a time. So takes much longer. But I cant tell you how nice it is to finally have everything accounted for and if I need to find a card I just do a search in my filemaker program and it gives me a number and i can easily find that card in under 30 secs. But that is because of FIlemaker not the Beckett organizer. The Org for me is just to trade and easily find the current values of my cards. If you goal is to be able to easily find a card you might be looking for I would suggest the program File maker. Every card is assigned a catalogue number, then every single card I have is either ut into a sleeve or top loader and sleeve(even Base) and then with a sharpie I write the catalogue number on the sleeve and then place them in numerical order in a monster box. SO when I need a card Yea its in the Beckett ORG but you would have no idea where it is, so I can just search the card in Filemaker , get he # associated with the card, walk over to my monster boxs and easily pluck it out in seconds. Works very well for me.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%