`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on parallels-centered sets?

Thoughts on parallels-centered sets?
Hey everyone! I'm curious to know what people think about sets centred around parallels. No memorabilia or auto cards, just parallels. I love the late-90s Pacific cards (particularly 97-98 Invincible and Omega), and would like to know if there is interest in that kind of set today. I know some of those issues were quite flawed, due to the fact that it was too difficult to distinguish between different versions (Paramount comes to mind), but I think the more well-done ones are really cool. For the most part, I'm not that interested in memorabilia or auto cards, and sometimes would prefer to pay less for a set with just a lot of parallels. Just wondering if anyone else has interests along the same lines. Cheers! J.

RE: Thoughts on parallels-centered sets?
I like to chase after the subsets, and parallels, I've never really been excited about jersey cards or autographs. Unless its a Bobby Orr.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

I have no use for sets with 4,5 & 6 versions of the same card. Too many to collect for a team collector, and they take up too much binder space to display them properly.

sometimes i like them and other times i dont enjoy them

depends on the looks for me, but can't go overboard like certified or artifacts in my mind
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)