`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Question for eBay sellers and buyers?

RE: Question for eBay sellers and buyers?
I usually start my auctions on Tuesday's as well and let them go 5 days. I start everything for $.99 with $2.50 shipping. I rarely have an auction go without being sold.

(01-13-2012, 05:40 PM)motu79 Wrote: I usually start my auctions on Tuesday's as well and let them go 5 days. I start everything for $.99 with $2.50 shipping. I rarely have an auction go without being sold.
yeah i planned on the 99 cent starting price except on a select few cards (1/1's). i'm not looking to get rich by any means just wanna make some extra paypal and thin out the unwanted cards with some value.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

I just noticed your signature and am just curious how it is that you collect the players you do. It always amazes me to see the great variety of players that people collect for various reason...I guess that's what makes the hobby so interesting. I have to admit that I don't know who Taiwan Jones or Josh Morgan are but I as a Browns fan, I do know Derek Anderson....what is it that got you started collecting his cards?
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

(01-14-2012, 07:56 AM)dmasci Wrote: I just noticed your signature and am just curious how it is that you collect the players you do. It always amazes me to see the great variety of players that people collect for various reason...I guess that's what makes the hobby so interesting. I have to admit that I don't know who Taiwan Jones or Josh Morgan are but I as a Browns fan, I do know Derek Anderson....what is it that got you started collecting his cards?
Taiwan Jones - Wanted to pick a late rounder sleeper from the 2011 class and saw alot of good stuff on him so figured I'd take a shot. Didn't realize he would be so popular for a 4th Rounder. But he is in alot of sets and signs alot so it has been fun to collect him. Little spendy though.

Josh Morgan (my sons pc)- I took my son to buy his first pack of cards one day and his first pack he chose he pulled a Morgan auto. So I decided he could collect him until he understands fully and chooses his own players/team to collect.

Derek Anderson - No real reason other than I like(d) to watch him play. If he could just calm his emotions and play with a team with a line I think (and you don't have to agree) he could be a alright QB.

What i don't put out there is I am a huge Packer fan. It may not seem like it sometimes because I don't chase Packer cards to heavily. Just take them as I get them and pick up random ones here and there. There's alot of Packer fans with alot more money than me and I'm not gonna go bid war against them.

Anyways' hope that wasn't to boring for you all. That's me and collecting in a nutshell
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

(01-14-2012, 11:39 AM)rgf17 Wrote: Taiwan Jones - Wanted to pick a late rounder sleeper from the 2011 class and saw alot of good stuff on him so figured I'd take a shot. Didn't realize he would be so popular for a 4th Rounder. But he is in alot of sets and signs alot so it has been fun to collect him. Little spendy though.

Josh Morgan (my sons pc)- I took my son to buy his first pack of cards one day and his first pack he chose he pulled a Morgan auto. So I decided he could collect him until he understands fully and chooses his own players/team to collect.

Derek Anderson - No real reason other than I like(d) to watch him play. If he could just calm his emotions and play with a team with a line I think (and you don't have to agree) he could be a alright QB.

What i don't put out there is I am a huge Packer fan. It may not seem like it sometimes because I don't chase Packer cards to heavily. Just take them as I get them and pick up random ones here and there. There's alot of Packer fans with alot more money than me and I'm not gonna go bid war against them.

Anyways' hope that wasn't to boring for you all. That's me and collecting in a nutshell
Not boring at all.....it's those stories that I find interesting. You never wonder about someone that collects Peyton Manning or Adrian Peterson but Derek Anderson...
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

I have different reasons for collecting people too.

Aaron Hernandez is a double whammy, he is on the Patriots and he is from my home town.

Donald Brown because he went to UCONN

Any other players I have been trying to get my hands on from UCONN.

I have been trying to sell cards here too, not to make a profit off them but to cut down my inventory and focus on just Football. I have thousands of baseball and basketball I am trying to get rid of. I was going to do my first lot of Basketball last night, 80 Jordans, but I have to do the identity thing where you have to match your paypal to your bank account...

Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

As others have already said, in general the best is to list for 7 days ending Sunday evenings between 9 and 10pm EST. As that gives people 2 Sunday evenings to look for the card (some people look for auctions ending soon and others look for recently listed auctions, so you want to catch both groups). Though you should keep in mind that if there are big games going on at that time then you should adjust accordingly to end the auction after the games end (especially if any of the players you are selling are playing). A lot of people who are watching the game aren't going to be surfing eBay looking for items until after the game is over, and a lot of people will be searching right after the game if a certain player has a great performance.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

don't sell on ebay or anywhere else online for that matter unless you don't mind giving your cards away. you're better off going to a card show or sell person to person. Online sites are full of vulchers.