`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Star Game Selections

All Star Game Selections
What does everyone think of the current All-Star rosters? Personally, I'm thrilled John Tavares was selected to the All-Star Game as Islanders have not been represented for the past 2 seasons, (sorry but rookies & skills competitions just don't cut it).

I'm sure there are obvious snubs like Parise, Kovalchuk, Tim Thomas, etc., and some players made it on reputation, (Ovechkin, Kane), but other than possibly Mikko Koivu, Denis Wideman & Carey Price, they all seem to deserve to be selected.

Your thoughts?

RE: All Star Game Selections
David Backes was a HUGE snub..

I think having the fans pick the starters is brutal...Lets be honest, if the game wasn't in Ottawa, there wouldn't be as many Sens playing.

I understand that this is a big popularity contest but I think many of the best players in the league who have had great seasons get snubbed
[Image: ducksbann.png]

Collecting
2010-11 SP Authentic Future Watch Autos 30/62 = 48.38%
Cam Fowler Count: 32

Photobucket Link
http://photobucket.com/DucksFan87

I think the new All-Star game format is stupid. Lets vote for the starters!!!! They voted for starters for 1 team!!!???? Aren't there 2 playing? Where does that make sense? I also think the school-yard pick to choose teams is ridiculous. I want to go back to the West vs East or North America vs The World, when the game was fun to watch. They are trying to make the game "better", but I just think they are making it worse. Especially with some of the new Skills Competition challenges, like the best trick shot, and the one where they have to saucer pass it into small goals. WTF are those about!!!

Ryan O'Reilly should have made the team IMO.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

I don't mind the players they picked for the rosters. Ovechkin having a down year they need him because of the name. I don't think Byfuglien deserves to be there because I haven't heard anything about him this year. I know he's been out with an injury, but still Lidstrom should be there over him.

Patrice Bergeron got snubbed.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

Jordan Eberle was another huge Snub, even though he is hurt he should have still been named to the team
Always looking for Oiler Cards.  
Currently have 17k + different Oilers Cards
Other Projects
Black Diamond up to 14-15 SPs 
Need 18 McDonald Inserts
Need 5 OPC 09-10 Canadian Heroes Rainbow
Need 5 OPC 12-13 Popups
Need 6 97-98 Donruss Preferred
Need 2 02-03 Topps Heritage
All wants listed in org

Lidstrom was selected but he turned it down saying he'd rather use the time to rest. Eberle & RNH were told they were selected too but because they were injured, they got passed over. That sucks. At least name these guys & then pick replacements after the fact!

The bad part is the non popular teams are guarenteed to have only one player. Then their best player only has around 30 points (Backes, O'Reilly) and that isn't enough to justify them over other deserving players.

Versteeg should be there.

Selanne and Lidstrom supposedly opted out and gave their spots away. I personally would have liked to see Jagr, just because it may be his last season.

Vanek over Pominvile.
Sharp over Kane.
Backstrom over AO.
Marleau or Thornton over Couture.

Backes doesn't have enough points to justify his place. Parise, Kovalchuk, and Elias all got snubbed at they're all around or near 40 pts.

And Tim Thomas wasn't snubbed.
Jaromir Jagr Collector

Jaromir Jagr Collection with scans - http://www.NHLsnipers.com/jaromir-jagr-collection

My Hockey Website - http://www.NHLsnipers.com

The All Star game doesnt mean anything, its merely for publicity. That being said, selections should reflect that and active legends like Jagr and Selanne should always be there regardless of the season they are having. Do whats best for the sport.

Also I voted and I enjoyed voting but I dont have the patience to cast the same vote 20 times, kinda tells me my vote doesnt really mean much so I care less. 2 cents.
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-