`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
opinions needed

opinions needed
OK since I cant post a live auction from the bay on here I was hoping to get some opinions on a card i am interested in..
To find the card On ebay search for "2004 roethlisberger longevity"

I have been collecting this set (2004 leaf rookies & stars) for 8 years and was trying to get a master set, NEVER have I seen a 1/1 from this set and according to everywhere I have checked there weren't any produced, Yet here one is, A Ben Roethlisberger Longevity 1/1..... hmmmm... I asked the seller if he pulled it from a pack or purchased it and sure enough he says he "pulled" it out of a pack.

Is it possible that everywhere I checked just happened to miss that they produced 1/1 cards from this set?
Or more than likely is this a fake?
If it is real it is a great looking card in the picture but i would be happy to get some opinions before i contemplate doing something crazy, Like forking over buku bucks for a bogus card... even if it is real i dont think i will do it, but interested what you all thought. Has anyone seen a 1/1 form this set.

Thanks
R-

RE: opinions needed
I wouldnt risk it based on the fact that beckett doesnt list a 1/1 and that the seller has so little feedback
[Image: 49ers.jpg]

See the stamp on the pants? Its some sort of show promo. Donruss does this ALL the time. Yes its a 1/1. No it was not inserted into Longevity packs. it may have been some sort of show pack, like the Black packs from the Hawaii Trade Conferences.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(01-09-2012, 04:43 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: See the stamp on the pants? Its some sort of show promo. Donruss does this ALL the time. Yes its a 1/1. No it was not inserted into Longevity packs. it may have been some sort of show pack, like the Black packs from the Hawaii Trade Conferences.
Yes, this is correct
Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

(01-09-2012, 04:43 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: See the stamp on the pants? Its some sort of show promo. Donruss does this ALL the time. Yes its a 1/1. No it was not inserted into Longevity packs. it may have been some sort of show pack, like the Black packs from the Hawaii Trade Conferences.
That would make sense, i asked about the stamp. Still waiting on an answer.
Thanks,

Not worth 400 bones. IMO... It obviously didnt come from a pack like he says but at least it could be legit.

Just thought I would say thanks to those who replied to this thread and gave me some insight.

When I mention to this seller that maybe it was a promo card, he got offended and said that IT IS NOT A PROMO!! It was pack pulled.

I just want to vent and say when people on the other site claim obvious BS and then try to pass off their crap to unsuspecting people it irritates the hell out of me. I was trying to give this guy some helpful thoughts on the card and tell him to get it authenticated, because if it is not legit he may be able to recoup some of his cost. But apparently I am the A HOLE. Whatever! I just feel bad for the person who gets ripped off...sometimes I cant stand sellers!!

Thanks for letting me vent..

But he could have pulled it out of a pack at the Donruss booth at the show. So really you're both right. But he shouldn't be so defensive.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)