`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barry Larkin HOFer

Barry Larkin HOFer
I think we all knew this was going to happen today. I also believed no one else was going in.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=...b&c_id=mlb
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

RE: Barry Larkin HOFer
Barry Larkin, who never hit more than 20 homers until he magically found his swing at 32, when he hit 33 homers. Only to never hit more than 17 homers again.
Barry Larkin, who hit 12 homers in 1992, 8 homers in 1993, 9 homers in 1994, 15 homers in 1995. And then - like magic - 33 homers in 1996.

Carry on.

2012 HOF Class is a joke!!
Hello everyone,
Are they joking?? Juan Gonzalez? Jeff Bagwell?, Vinny Castilla? Are you kidding me? Have we all forgotten about one of the greatest 3rd baseman of all-time AND the record holder for most home runs by an American League 3rd baseman. Mr. Graig Nettles
He also holds the single-season Major League record for assists by a third baseman, and is tied with Brooks Robinson for second-most all-time. There numbers are identical.
How would you vote??
Photobucket

Wow guy, you really are negative to baseball players. Larkin's case for the HOF wasn't based on his HRs. It was based upon the fact that he was one of the best SS of his generation, and a top 10 one of all time.

Larkin's a guy that's been overshadowed quite a bit, by having alot of his career overlap with other all time greats at the position (Ripken, Ozzie Smith), and by admitted steroid users who came after (Arod) that dwarf his numbers.

Larkin should have been a first ballot Hall of Famer, 2 years too long.
If you are going to ship in a plain white envelope, please let me know before shipping unless agreed upon beforehand.

If you do not have more than 25 trades, you are sending first! Or else,
sorry!

(01-09-2012, 03:39 PM)natejeffries Wrote: Barry Larkin, who never hit more than 20 homers until he magically found his swing at 32, when he hit 33 homers. Only to never hit more than 17 homers again.
Barry Larkin, who hit 12 homers in 1992, 8 homers in 1993, 9 homers in 1994, 15 homers in 1995. And then - like magic - 33 homers in 1996.

Carry on.
i say this for everyone: go do something anatomically impossible to yourself

RE: 2012 HOF Class is a joke!!
(01-09-2012, 03:46 PM)norcalcollectibles Wrote: Hello everyone,
Are they joking?? Juan Gonzalez? Jeff Bagwell?, Vinny Castilla? Are you kidding me? Have we all forgotten about one of the greatest 3rd baseman of all-time AND the record holder for most home runs by an American League 3rd baseman. Mr. Graig Nettles
He also holds the single-season Major League record for assists by a third baseman, and is tied with Brooks Robinson for second-most all-time. There numbers are identical.
How would you vote??
Have you seen his stats? Only had 3 seasons over .800 OPS and a career .248 batter. May have been a great fielder but hitting is much more important to most people than fielding. (also, quantitative stats like assists don't really show much)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/player...gr01.shtml
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(01-09-2012, 03:39 PM)natejeffries Wrote: Barry Larkin, who never hit more than 20 homers until he magically found his swing at 32, when he hit 33 homers. Only to never hit more than 17 homers again.

Carry on.
Seriously. You've got to go find another outlet. This clearly is not a sport you love. Might I suggest taking up a ball and jacks?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(01-09-2012, 03:48 PM)dbauer2 Wrote: Wow guy, you really are negative to baseball players. Larkin's case for the HOF wasn't based on his HRs. It was based upon the fact that he was one of the best SS of his generation, and a top 10 one of all time.

Larkin's a guy that's been overshadowed quite a bit, by having alot of his career overlap with other all time greats at the position (Ripken, Ozzie Smith), and by admitted steroid users who came after (Arod) that dwarf his numbers.
Either way I've got about a zillion 87 Topps Larkins that are now officially the lowest valued HOF rookie card of all time

RE: 2012 HOF Class is a joke!!
Nettles was really good. Brooks Robinson was great. I'd take Mike Schmidt over both of them.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html