`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it really worth trading double value in gu for autos?

RE: Is it really worth trading double value in gu for autos?
(01-09-2012, 08:58 AM)cody_allen Wrote: At the lcs the other day i ended up trading about 150 in gu hof cards for about $80 in autos of my pc cardinals stuff. I really wanted them and the guy wouldnt do it without these cards because i was getting autos. I know im still new but isnt that why they have a value on them? If they were the same value why are autos worth more? Idk just had to vent a little. Do you all feel the same as him? If so im an idiot cause ive traded a ton of autos for stuff with out autos if ilike the card.
Were they sticker autos?
Appearance over book value. I've seen some real high-end doozies....

To me it's getting what you want out of the deal. I've traded heavily in favor for things I want. In the end it's just cardboard, but knowing when to walk away from a deal if you aren't comfortable never hurts
[Image: 9cef0db8.jpg]

Always interested in quality Barnes, Red Sox, and Patriots

(01-09-2012, 01:03 PM)sxfn4lf Wrote: To me it's getting what you want out of the deal. I've traded heavily in favor for things I want. In the end it's just cardboard, but knowing when to walk away from a deal if you aren't comfortable never hurts
This is true, especially if you feel even the slightest pressure put on you by the other person.
Appearance over book value. I've seen some real high-end doozies....

Two were stickers one on patch one on card. Idk how to feel. I loved the cards i lost but i love the ones i got more so i guess it was worth it.

I think it would be better to know specifics of the cards. I'd say at first glance, you gave up a lot. The elway/bradshaw/brady would have been the card I would have kept out... but its hard to say without knowing specifics.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(01-09-2012, 01:29 PM)cody_allen Wrote: Two were stickers one on patch one on card. Idk how to feel. I loved the cards i lost but i love the ones i got more so i guess it was worth it.
You just answered your own question. Smile