`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT - Topps Diamond Dig...Redemptions non-deliverable

OT - Topps Diamond Dig...Redemptions non-deliverable
I just got off the phone with a Topps representative trying to figure out why I never received my 60th Anniversary Commemorative Set. It seems that the contest is open only to people in the Contiguous United States (Excludes AK and HI). The representative stated that AK and HI are not eligible for free promotions. I countered that the items aren't free since the price of their product is inflated because of the contest. He said "it is what it is" and I can change my shipping address to somewhere else in the U.S. and have it shipped there - subsequently paying for shipping twice.

WTF??? They'll ship a redemption card from a product to me but not this because it's a "contest". The ironic thing is I redeemed cards from last years and this years contest and they were sent. The rep stated that it was a mistake and a few orders to HI and AK were sent out but they don't send them anymore.

I was going to order a case of Ser 1, but now I'm thinking I'm about done with buying wax period. It's bad enough I have to pay exuberant shipping costs from any dealer when they ship free to the lower 48. I even got dinged on EB** (below seller performance standards) because I was charging up to $3 to ship auctions for single or multiple cards. Am I supposed to eat all the costs both ways for shipping?

Sorry for the rant, just frustrated...

Have over 1,800 different Barry Larkin's and looking for more...

RE: OT - Topps Diamond Dig...Redemptions non-deliverable
That sucks, sorry to hear.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

Yes it's the same with me, I live in Hawaii...
They said in return, they will mail a few packs
(which I don't know) whopee do. So if ever they
Do this in 2012, it's better to sell the redemption
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

If I buy any wax I probably will...

it states clearly on the site that they only ship to continental US and canada (except quebec for some reason).

And if you had it shipped to somewhere in the US and forwarded to you in HI, you would only have to pay shipping once. Free shipping from the topps site for up to 25 items when you are redeeming a "prize" from the diamond digg site.

Another option you have it shipped to someone you trust in the states and sell it on ebay and just net yourself the paypal.

thats the price you pay for living in paradise!
weaksauce on topps tho- it's not like a few extra bucks on delivering a handful of items to AK and HI will even make a dent...sorry bro

If it helps you out and we can come to an agreement on price or trade, I will take the set. I've wanted one but was just going to buy one on ebay instead of digging for the 50 rings or whatever you needed to get the set. I haven't checked to see what they are going for but you can change the address to my address and if you want the vintage cards send to my address too, I can just mail those out to you along with whatever else you might want for the set (cards/cash). Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss it further.

Edit to add: Steve, I just looked at my completed trades to see what I sent you in our last trade. I just picked up a lot of about 100 minis from 2002 topps 206 and 2003 topps 205. I know you mentioned you might want to build this set so thought I would mention them.

I understand the cost of shipping to AK and HI is more than the lower 48 (no UPS ground) - so instead of free shipping...charge like everyone else does. Like I stated, the ironic thing is they shipped to me before, and they did charge me shipping...

David, I think I'll take you up on it. I'll work a pm up tonight and contact Topps on Monday. I'll get a list of all the cards I have available on the site (over 100) and you can LMK if you are interested in any of those as well. I already had the vintage shipped that I needed - although there are still plenty of 70s cards I can redeem...
(01-06-2012, 04:42 PM)mikmouse24 Wrote: thats the price you pay for living in paradise!
weaksauce on topps tho- it's not like a few extra bucks on delivering a handful of items to AK and HI will even make a dent...sorry bro
Thanks for the sentiment. The military brought me up here in 1999 kicking and screaming - didn't want to come up...within the first 6 months I knew I was going to retire here. I couldn't see living anywhere else - at least during the summers. Probably going to snowbird to Arizona or maybe even Hawaii after I get a second retirement...

I have no use for the topps cards as I am picky when it comes to vintage. I am sure anything that was worth having shipped has already been done. If you can ship them for free with the set (I've heard that they can ship up to 25 cards, not sure as I never tried to dig for cards) go ahead and do that.

Everything depends on what I have to give up for the set.