Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2001 studio clemens jumbo auto - PERSONAL SIGNINGS...need some help

2001 studio clemens jumbo auto - PERSONAL SIGNINGS...need some help
http://www.beckett.com/search/#term=2001...%20clemens

okay, so first thing: this is not in beckett. it wont be. the closest is the private signings auto, which is also on this card.

this cards is marked "personal signings" and is made out to "Ann". In this case, "Ann" would be Ann Blake, former owner of Donruss

it was given to a friend of Ann, but was damaged in a recent incident

any ideas of value? do a multiplier on the private signing (which was sp to 200)? treat it as a 1/1?

[Image: 2584957210047542036S600x600Q85.jpg]

RE: 2001 studio clemens jumbo auto - PERSONAL SIGNINGS...need some help
It is a unique item but being personalized and damaged would be a downer for me. What kind of damage is there?
-Jason
Astro's, Roy Oswalt and Jeff Bagwell Collector

(01-01-2012, 04:44 PM)jayb123x Wrote: It is a unique item but being personalized and damaged would be a downer for me. What kind of damage is there?
-Jason
i cant get into a lot of specifics here, as it is part of a current insurance claim, but it was among a number of items damaged due to flooding

I don't think the damage matters. I would venture to say there was one of those made. At least one made to Ann. Whether there were other variations would be a question for sure.

Let me start by saying Beckett, while the leader in sports pricing, is FAR FAR from having it all. I can account personally for at least 100 Thomas licensed cards never reported in the Beckett database. The main things added by them are promotional cards and things pulled in packs, distributed by companies etc. They never account for copies made as test issues or personal issues such as this.

This card will not be treated as a 1/1 by a Clemens Super Collector IMO but would be a top 20 RARE card for sure.

Most of the TRUE Thomas Super Collector's use a site that is put together by collector's. We add information to the owner as we discover it and the site has built into an amazing thing. You can find a story behind every card. You can see scans of cards some never new existed.

I'd say this cards true value is ONLY to a SUPER collector. On Ebay it may bring a similar price to a Private Signing but if you can find the TRUE Clemens Super Collector it will bring a great deal in trade or in cash.

Trust me on this!!!!

I'd hold that tight until you find that person.

They will forever be grateful.
I should have said the damage doesn't matter until its determined multiples exist. At this point you may have the only known copy.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(01-01-2012, 04:56 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: I don't think the damage matters. I would venture to say there was one of those made. At least one made to Ann. Whether there were other variations would be a question for sure.

Let me start by saying Beckett, while the leader in sports pricing, is FAR FAR from having it all. I can account personally for at least 100 Thomas licensed cards never reported in the Beckett database. The main things added by them are promotional cards and things pulled in packs, distributed by companies etc. They never account for copies made as test issues or personal issues such as this.

This card will not be treated as a 1/1 by a Clemens Super Collector IMO but would be a top 20 RARE card for sure.

Most of the TRUE Thomas Super Collector's use a site that is put together by collector's. We add information to the owner as we discover it and the site has built into an amazing thing. You can find a story behind every card. You can see scans of cards some never new existed.

I'd say this cards true value is ONLY to a SUPER collector. On Ebay it may bring a similar price to a Private Signing but if you can find the TRUE Clemens Super Collector it will bring a great deal in trade or in cash.

Trust me on this!!!!

I'd hold that tight until you find that person.

They will forever be grateful.
I should have said the damage doesn't matter until its determined multiples exist. At this point you may have the only known copy.
the card is damaged beyond collecting, sadly. im not looking for the value as is, but rather, as was

From my experience with autos a personalized inscription brings the value down.
[Image: banner.jpg]

(01-01-2012, 05:57 PM)ks19772002 Wrote: From my experience with autos a personalized inscription brings the value down.
but it isnt a personal inscription, per se. it's a "Personalized Edition" - stamped that way by the company

(01-01-2012, 05:57 PM)ks19772002 Wrote: From my experience with autos a personalized inscription brings the value down.
I am telling you though, this isn't the same as a personalized piece you'd get at a game or something. This is personalized and stamped by the company. Its much like the Topps 60th versions of the autos this in 2011. They are company stamped cards. This is an actual card recognized by the company who distributed it. It had/has real value.
(01-01-2012, 05:16 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: the card is damaged beyond collecting, sadly. im not looking for the value as is, but rather, as was
That is your opinion. I have a 1/1 of Kila Ka'aihue that was washed man. Its still the 1/1. Regardless of its condition its the only existing card so the value is still in tact to a Super Collector. You could burn it and just knowing you hold the ashes means no one else does. Therefore counting as a check off that Super Collector's list. Sure its not nice and has no appeal but that isn't what is behind a Super Collectors quest.

Think if it this way. Would you want the Honus Wagner whether its a PSA 1 or a PSA 10? Until the better card shows itself that is the best you can get and you want it. Just my two sense as a Super Collector of a player.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

so treat the value as if it is a 1/1?