`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLB channel's Prime 9 2B

MLB channel's Prime 9 2B
Anybody catch the MLB channel's Prime 9 2B?

What a joke.

They had Joe Morgan ahead of Nap Lajoie and Rod Carew.

Somebody get MLB off the drugs.

RE: MLB's Top 9 2B
where was alomar ?

I think that they think Morgan meant more to his teams than Carew did, and also, none of the people who made that show saw Lajoie play. To me I'm OK with Morgan being ahead of those 2. Carew if he had better stats besides BA and Hits, only beat Morgan by a few. Carew had 536 more hits, 16 more triples, .001 point better at on-base%, .002 point better at SLG, and .003 point better at OPS. Morgan was 1 of the premier power hitters at his position, was known as a fine defensive player, and helped his teams win championships. He also had 176 more HR, 118 more RBI, 336 more stolen bases, and 226 more runs over his career than Carew. Nap Lajoie numbers kicked the crap out of both Carew and Morgan. The guy had like 100 more stolen bases than strikeouts. He just played in a different era, as his last game was in 1916. Theres no film of him like the other 2 or people left to talk about his heroics. It's also a much different game than back then, and I think the people voting, recognized that.

Alomar was #7.

They had Bobby Grich at 9 - which is pretty ridiculous. I would put Hall of Famers Frankie Frisch, Billy Herman, Nellie Fox Mazeroski and Schoendienst easily ahead of him.

And they didn't have Jackie Robinson either because they had a 1,000 game minimum criteria at the position.
The vote is an insult to the game.

Joe Morgan never would have even got a lick of the HOF, if he wasn't traded to the Reds.

His first seven seasons were about as average as any second baseman in history.

All of the sudden he came to the Reds and became Superman.

Maybe it was the added protection in the lineup or something the Reds gave out in their weight room.

I understand that Morgan had more homers and stolen bases than Carew. He was also better defensively.

But Carew's seven batting titles is only bested by three people in the history of the game. And that puts him way in front of Morgan in my book. Morgan never won a batting title.

Also Eddie Collins, who I love, should be behind Lajoie.

RE: MLB channel's Prime 9 2B
Well, Dustin Pedroia won the 2008 MVP (when there was at least 6 people who should have gotten it before him)...I don't think these awards even mean anything
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

How about Sanberg?
If you have less than 25 trades. I ask that you ship first!
Collecting RC's / Prospects / USA / Aflac & Mike Stanton......
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]

Here is the list:

1. Hornsby
2. Collins
3. Morgan
4. Lajoie
5. Carew
6. Gehringer
7. Alomar
8. Sandberg
9. Grich

I only saw sandberg and alomar play so i cant really say much about the others so my opinion would be based entirely on numbers. However I do know what a great hitter carew was and how morgan helped the big red machine win its titles. I dont know who grich is :$
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Does the MLB channel takes defense into consideration? If they do, then that is how the list could be. If is only for batting, then they have to make a new list. Also, they take into consideration the numbers from each player with the average 2nd baseman from their era.

Really hard to make the list with the different eras. I would like to know what criteria they looked at to decide.
If you have less than 25 trades. I ask that you ship first!
Collecting RC's / Prospects / USA / Aflac & Mike Stanton......
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]