`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bgs graded cards

bgs graded cards
I noticed when browsing the web and the bay that several of the BGS graded cards seem to have different labels. I noted that certain grades dictate certain labels. ? I have is at what point did Beckett change the labels to show the sub grades on the back of the cards? Is this a new feature or an old one? Reason I ask is to determine if the card has been somewhat recently graded or an older graded card. thanks for any clarification on this.

RE: bgs graded cards
(12-25-2011, 03:42 PM)Timay1 Wrote: I noticed when browsing the web and the bay that several of the BGS graded cards seem to have different labels. I noted that certain grades dictate certain labels. ? I have is at what point did Beckett change the labels to show the sub grades on the back of the cards? Is this a new feature or an old one? Reason I ask is to determine if the card has been somewhat recently graded or an older graded card. thanks for any clarification on this.
The labels with the subgrades on the back are old.

Yes, the gold labels are for 10's & 9.5's; silver is for 9's & 8.5's. Back at the beginning, the vintage even had bronze or copper colored for 8's, 7.5's & 7's instead of the now white labels. I do know that Beckett quit putting the subgrades on vintage cards in November of 2005. And just before this is when Beckett started putting the subgrades on the front.

I hope that this helps. If you need more help, just ask me.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!