`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Please read and give your input, thank you!

Please read and give your input, thank you!
I have a question and would like to hear all of your opinions. As some of you know I have been very fortunate to know and meet several NFL players and etc. Well, I am now coaching on my youngest sons football team. We need to raise funds for equipment and etc. Well, some of the players have donated several items, like game used shoes, gloves and etc all autographed. I actually just got an autograph yellow NFL flag from # 85 Ed Hochuli, it is pretty cool.

My question, we want to auction them all off sometime after the first of the year and I was wondering would it be best to go with eBay and set a reserve or are there any better ways? I have pictures of some of the guys handing them to me and I have the package and email from Mr Hochuli.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

RE: Please read and give your input, thank you!
The bay is definitely the easiest but by the time the fees are taken out you may only be left with half of what the item actually sold for.
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

As he said, the fees will hit you pretty good, but the exposure would be good for you.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

Fee's on eBay are scaling, so it depends on how much you think you will get for each item.

Auction style is best for anything that will end under 100, the fee is 9% of final value, so at 100 you will lose 9 to fees, plus the 15 cents to list. Then you get hit with the paypal fee, and shipping, so lets say you like 18% over all so 18.00, which is a little conservative.

Fixed price with a buy it now is best for anything that will sell for more than 100. Here's how it works, a little confusing.

Lets assume something sells for 200, the first 50 gets hit with 11% fee, so 5.50
Then from 50-1000 you get hit with a 6% fee, so off the remaining it is 9.00
Anything over 1000 you get a only a 2% fee of that, N/A in this case
Total fee is 14.50, which would be 18.00(just the fee) if you sold auction style, hence anything over 100 sell value use a fixed price with a BIN to save money.
So if you sell for 200 less fees for final value and listing you will lose 15.00, then take away paypal fees and shipping you lose about ~25-30.

eBay fee's are really not that bad, given what you get out of it.

Let me know if you have more questions

Feebay is going to destroy you on fees... You will get maximum exposure, but you will pay through the nose... Maybe your best bet is to make your own free webpage, put the items on that, and go from there... I know it's risky that way, but at least you won't get raped to death on fees... Good luck!!!
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

what about craigs list? isnt that a free service
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

I don't know if your interested in doing something like hosting your own online charity auction, but there is a company that has the software and the hosting for charity auctions, who knows, maybe you or your wife could set up auctions for other charities in your area as well

http://www.charityauctionstoday.com/
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

I've (an advertiser) always found it best to hold mass auctions as a public fundraiser, much in the way golf outings help certain medical causes.

You meet NFL players and you coach football, so your friend and colleague base is already full of potential contacts and would be buyers. I suggest holding an event where everyone is involved (including an lcs or sporting goods store as possible sponsors) and get the people involved.

Might drive up bids if they know what they're bidding for.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

I heard you may actually save on fees in the long run if you own a ebay store. Add up what you think itll cost you and see if itll be cheaper to buy a store.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(12-23-2011, 02:19 PM)bigtrip18 Wrote: I've (an advertiser) always found it best to hold mass auctions as a public fundraiser, much in the way golf outings help certain medical causes.

You meet NFL players and you coach football, so your friend and colleague base is already full of potential contacts and would be buyers. I suggest holding an event where everyone is involved (including an lcs or sporting goods store as possible sponsors) and get the people involved.

Might drive up bids if they know what they're bidding for.
I agree. Something local may be the best way to go. Not only will the auctions help but others may donate just to help out.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC