`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a quick bit of advice...

Need a quick bit of advice...
I picked up a couple of boxes of 1989-1991 Topps a couple of weeks ago at a garage sale. There was a 5,000 count box and a 3,200 count box. Got them for like $5. The owner said they busted the boxes and only took out the Griffey cards. So, I figured what the heck.

I started to put the 1989 set together because I like doing that kind of stuff. Was 12-15 cards short of the set, but had about 1,000 left overs.

Here's the breakdown of what I got: 1989 (2,000), 1990 (2,000) and 1991 (3,000). My question is this, and this is what I need advice on:

Should I go ahead and try and chase down the missing cards from the 1989 set and spend the time organizing the 1990 and 1991 cards to see if I can get a set out of them? Or should I just stop and box them up and sell them on ebay? I know I won't make much, but if I can get my $5 back and maybe a little more by the time shipping and fees are taken out, I'd be fine.

What should I do?

RE: Need a quick bit of advice...
You won't even be able to get $5.00 bucks for them on Ebay. I would wait until you have a garage sale and sell them for a few bucks then.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

Give Craigslist a try. I have no experience on there to say if it works or not but it's free to list so worth a shot.

(12-17-2011, 11:45 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Give Craigslist a try. I have no experience on there to say if it works or not but it's free to list so worth a shot.
I don't do Craigslist. Have never bought nor sold on there. Too many bad stories, so I stay away. Thanks for the advice, though.
I might just go in and pull out the stars and nice RCs (Chipper, Thomas, Randy J, Biggio) and throw everything else in my commons boxes that I'm going to eventually sell when I get everything sorted.

the bad stories about craigslist are due to people being stupid. Its a great site for local small value sales/purchases.
A few rules will make the experience safe and worthwhile

- Use a throwaway email address for listing (due to spam)
- Never list your home address or phone number.
- Meet potential buyers/sellers in a well lit public place during normal business hours (so other people will be around). I use a local mall parking lot.
- Cash transactions only for small purchases/sales.
- Use an escrow for large purchases (not free but safe).