`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Some Help! A Few Questions!!!!

Need Some Help! A Few Questions!!!!
I recently purchased a card for my PC off the bay. I got the card in yesterday, I noticed that the case has some slight damage to the top left corner(Seller didnt mention this). Here are my questions, I looked at the beckett grading site and I can't find any info on getting a card re-cased. I know with PSA you could send a card in to have the case replaced if it was damaged. Does Beckett not do this? If they do, anyone know how much it costs? Would prefer to send the card to Beckett and just have it put in a new case instead of returning the card to the seller. If they don't, how much would the damaged case affect the value? I know it would affect it some. You can tell the card was dropped or damaged in mailing somehow, it's obvious to me that the card wasn't tampered with. The damage doesnt run into the seal of the case. Pictures below, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

[Image: newtongraded014.jpg]
[Image: gradeddamage2024.jpg]
[Image: gradeddamage2025.jpg]
also anyone knows how long it takes from once they receive if they even do it?
[Image: jpcisco.jpg]

Collecting: Jake Locker,Sam Bradford, Colt Mccoy, Eric Berry, Jason Witten, Luke Stocker, Denarius Moore, Austin Pettis, Lance Kendricks, Greg Salas, Robert Quinn and anything that catches my eye!

RE: Need Some Help! A Few Questions!!!!
also anyone knows how long it takes from once they receive if they even do it?

Collecting: Jake Locker,Sam Bradford, Colt Mccoy, Eric Berry, Jason Witten, Luke Stocker, Denarius Moore, Austin Pettis, Lance Kendricks, Greg Salas, Robert Quinn and anything that catches my eye!

I wouldn't think that damage to the hard case will effect the value of the card inside the case.
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

I'm kinda torn, I am not sure if having it re-slabbed will be worth it (if they even do it) or if I should just save my money and keep it in the damaged case? Yea, luckily the card is fine, just sucks the case ended up being dinged up! But I guess that is what cases are for, lol.

There's a $5 reslab fee, not sure how long it takes though as I've yet to send my few in for this service.

IMO, the card value isn't changed whatsoever. The card is what's being graded, not the case. I understand that visually it may have a ding or two but I really don't think that should affect the resale value at all. If you want to keep the card in your PC, then take the time to get it reslabbed and call it a day. Otherwise, I'd leave it be.