`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Info please - 2005-06 The Cup Rookie Masterpiece Magenta Printing Plate, Rob Globke

Info please - 2005-06 The Cup Rookie Masterpiece Magenta Printing Plate, Rob Globke
Hi. I am in the UK and don't keep up to date with all the latest hobby news as I only collect cards of past or present players from my hometown Sheffield Steelers and they never feature in recent releases. One player that I do collect from last seasons roster is Rob Globke. My problem is this. I have 2, 2005-06 The Cup Hockey #262 (2005-06 Rookie Update SPx Rookies) 1/1 Magenta Rob Globke Printing Plate cards. One is everything I would expect it to be but the other is identical in every respect other than the wrong printing plate is inserted. The plate used belongs to the SP game Used Edition #209 Danny Syvret. I picked up both on ebay recently. I got the error card first and bid knowing that the plate was wrong but I thought well it's a Rob Globke (error) card and it is 1/1, but then to my suprise a correct version turned up in Germany about a month later so I got that as well. Any suggestions as to how this came about?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Info please - 2005-06 The Cup Rookie Masterpiece Magenta Printing Plate, Rob Globke
do you have scans of it?

as that will help me in a bit trying to answer your question?

welcome to the site
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

RE: Info please - 2005-06 The Cup Rookie Masterpiece Magenta Printing Plate, Rob Globke
(12-15-2011, 07:53 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: do you have scans of it?

as that will help me in a bit trying to answer your question?

welcome to the site
Scans attached, thanks for your interest.

There were a few cases of wrongly matched print plates from the cup that year. The players plate didn't match the frame around it. I cannot tell you how many players this happened to - but at least 5-10 that I had heard of from other collectors. The one player I collect (Sigalet) had such an error as well. Of his 4 Ice plates, I know for sure 1 of them was glued to somebody else's plate.
[Image: 00PandPSigpiece2_2424.jpg]

Collecting: Travis Fryman, Champ Bailey, Steve
Largent, Steve Yzerman, Brian Holzinger, Mike Johnson and Jordan Sigalet.

(12-18-2011, 09:57 AM)greg brown Wrote: There were a few cases of wrongly matched print plates from the cup that year. The players plate didn't match the frame around it. I cannot tell you how many players this happened to - but at least 5-10 that I had heard of from other collectors. The one player I collect (Sigalet) had such an error as well. Of his 4 Ice plates, I know for sure 1 of them was glued to somebody else's plate.
Thanks for your thoughts on this and I can understand that the wrong plate could get into a frame. However I still wonder why 2 identical 1/1 Rob Globke Magenta frames were made in the first place. Gordon.