`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 packs of 2011 Certified question about the product

4 packs of 2011 Certified question about the product
I opened 5 packs of 2011 Certified today at my LCS. The last pack I opened had cards that looked like all other packs I had opened (greyish background, etc). The other 4 featured base cards with what appeared to be a red starburst. What are those and are they more rare?

By the way, out of 5 packs, I got a mirror blue, mirror red, 2 RCs and an insert. No game used and no autos.

The LCS owner said he had just opened the box about 20 minutes earlier than when I got there. He said one guy came in and requested a new box as the other had just 1 pack left. The LCS owner said the guy stook over the box for several minutes and fumbled around some of the packs. He then picked up 5 packs and left out of the store without opening them.

I then bought the last 5 packs (at $15 a pop no less).

Before all you said just buy the box, I don't have the money to do that and can only buy a few packs here and there. So, that wasn't an option.

Anyway, any help on the red cards would help (it's not the #d mirror red card).

RE: 4 packs of 2011 Certified question about the product
we do not know about your cards but it sounds like the other guy was pack searching
the owner should have stop him from doing that

Funny you say that. When I opened my packs in store (like i always do), and saw I got nothing and got his story, I asked him if the guy might've been pack searching.

The owner said that's strictly prohibited and people get kicked out of the store for that. He said he didn't think the guy was pack searching. He said the guy hadn't bought any Certified to his memory and was just trying to check out what might've been in the packs, how thick they were, etc.

Oh well, I'll take my loss. I just want to know what those cards are. I'm thinking they may be red platinum. They're not #d, so they're not the mirror red version.

You gotta watch these guys. I go to quite a few different stores. And the last two I went too, this happened:

• Out of a 10 Pack Box, there was suppose to be 4 hits. Only 2 packs were missing. I bought the 8 remaining packs. Only got 2 hits. The worst 2 of the 4 supposed hits. Last time I go there.
• Saw the dealer pull packs from his own shelves and open them.

Before anybody says anything, I have a buddy who owns an LCS. He doesn't pull packs from boxes he has opened because of fear that he might pull the hit. Which in turns, lowers the customer's chances of a hit. Plus, he rather open a full box to show the customer what he got in his box to get the customer to buy the whole box.

Why does he want the customer to get a great pull?

Because it's free advertisement. One good hit and you got an addicted customer.

And another guy I deal with, if you want to buy a pack, he asks you, high, low, or middle and which side or corner. He doesn't even let you look or pick the packs because he got pack searched a few years back and 1 person stole the joy from many customers of his.

That was a hot box. Like the platinum boxes from last year.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC