Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Question: RE: Signed Cards

Quick Question: RE: Signed Cards
Hi All, 

I'm pretty new to collecting and had a quick question regarding a card (not originally autographed) I sent to a player to get signed, which he ended up doing. Considering it wasn't originally registered (?) as an auto will that effect the grade it receives from PSA for better or worse or does it not matter? And does that make it more or less valuable?

Appreciate any and all feedback!

RE: Quick Question: RE: Signed Cards
The card's grade will be lowered as it has writing on it.

If you send it in only to authenticate the autograph, then the "value" should increase depending on the player. The authentication is the key on this one.

Yeah, makes sense. Appreciate the response

Scans ... or it didn't happen.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Scans ... or it didn't happen.
Still waiting on it and can't release the name lol

(01-20-2021, 12:04 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: LOL. Care to elaborate???
(02-14-2021, 04:31 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: The card's grade will be lowered as it has writing on it.

If you send it in only to authenticate the autograph, then the "value" should increase depending on the player. The authentication is the key on this one.
Is that the case though if the autograph is authenticated with BAS? At that point I would think the auto is legit then the surface grade wouldn't take a hit and it gets graded as any certified on-card auto.

jplarson Wrote:Is that the case though if the autograph is authenticated with BAS?  At that point I would think the auto is legit then the surface grade wouldn't take a hit and it gets graded as any certified on-card auto.

The grade of the condition of the card should take a hit as the card was not originally produced with the autograph on it but added later.  But with getting IP autographed cards graded anyway, I would assume getting the autograph authenticated is more important than the card condition anyway.