`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of getting back into the hobby..

Thinking of getting back into the hobby..
Hey, everyone.

I was thinking of getting back into collecting. I used to collect when I was younger (I am 21 now) and just abruptly stopped as I matured. I was recently stumbling on the internet and noticed the designs of the cards today and I was thinking of starting a personal collection. Keep in mind, I sold/gave away everything I previously had, so I would be starting back up from nothing.

I would say my main interest is prospects right now. I was looking at maybe investing a little bit in young, established players in the MLB right now (Ellsbury, Upton, Zimmerman, etc.) I know these guys are expensive, but I don't think they have even reached their true potential yet. So, I think it would be smart to start now. Hey, better late than never.

Anyway, my main question is this: what is the hobby like now? Is there a strong market for it as there was maybe three or four years ago? Basically, is this a good time to jump back into the swing of things? Any responses are appreciated, guys!

Thanks!

RE: Thinking of getting back into the hobby..
My response is short and simple:

As long as you're truly viewing it as a hobby, then it's always a great time to jump back in to sports cards. If you're in it because of the "market" or thinking it's an easy way to make a quick buck, then it will never be a good time to jump into sports cards.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(12-09-2011, 12:02 PM)ceocards Wrote: My response is short and simple:

As long as you're truly viewing it as a hobby, then it's always a great time to jump back in to sports cards. If you're in it because of the "market" or thinking it's an easy way to make a quick buck, then it will never be a good time to jump into sports cards.
I think I would want to generate a worthwhile personal collection with the intentions of selling when the time is right to make the quick dollar while holding onto things I have sentimental value to.

(12-09-2011, 12:25 PM)speedprevails Wrote: I think I would want to generate a worthwhile personal collection with the intentions of selling when the time is right to make the quick dollar while holding onto things I have sentimental value to.
From my experience I'm agreeing with Ceocards, if looking for that quick buck you will be wasting your time. I love collecting but the cards you find to make a quick buck are few and far between. However if you're collect the cards and just have the mind set that’s all you're looking for this hobby is fun and enjoyable.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball