`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
second offers

second offers
I got a question about why would an Ebay seller offer a second chance offer on a card that just sold for more than the offer? Even if he had more than one, why not just list it and hope for more? Any answers are welcome, Thanks.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

RE: second offers
I have done that before. The buyer doesn't pay for it. Then your stuck with it so you offer a second chance to the next highest bidder, or any other bidder actually.
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

(12-06-2011, 10:52 AM)gjpoll1 Wrote: I got a question about why would an Ebay seller offer a second chance offer on a card that just sold for more than the offer? Even if he had more than one, why not just list it and hope for more? Any answers are welcome, Thanks.
Two reasons I can think of,
1) the initial buyer is a deadbeat non payer.
2) the original buyer is a "shill" bidder and had no intention of paying for it anyway. Whenever I have received second chance offers and I feel the high bidder was bogus, I will offer less than what my inital high bid was. Just a thought.

Easy money. If the 2nd person buys it you dont have to wait a week to resell it and up to a week to get paid. I will gladly eat a few bucks to make a sale right away. I have only been offered 1 second chance in the last year and it was what I was willing to pay so I took it.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

If you get the 2nd chance offer right away or the next day, the seller probably shill bid and got greedy. If it comes after a week, odds are the bidder was a dead beat.

Ive had 2nd chance offers with an hour before. I tell the seller to stick it.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

(12-06-2011, 04:37 PM)samiamryan Wrote: If you get the 2nd chance offer right away or the next day, the seller probably shill bid and got greedy. If it comes after a week, odds are the bidder was a dead beat.

Ive had 2nd chance offers with an hour before. I tell the seller to stick it.
+1000
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

i offer scond chances all the time if i have two. i dont have to pay another listing fee, i dont have to wait, and if the ending price was good, why not?

not everyone is a schill bidder/seller

Why do people always assume the worse?? I, myself, have even won an item and turned around and told the seller opps I made a mistake. It only happened once but its happened. 14 different scenarios and only 1 bad but yet its always the bad one people think it is.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Thanks for all the replies, I didn't want to start up any debate though. The second chance offer did happen within an hour of the auction ending, and as this was a first for me, I was a little skeptical. Thanks again for the help everyone.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

(12-06-2011, 10:52 AM)gjpoll1 Wrote: I got a question about why would an Ebay seller offer a second chance offer on a card that just sold for more than the offer? Even if he had more than one, why not just list it and hope for more? Any answers are welcome, Thanks.
Sometimes the shill bidder bid too much and won the auction, so the seller offers it to you at your high bid if they are okay with the amount.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.