`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need opinions....

Need opinions....
I have been thinking about changing up my PC a little. Instead of trying to collect every Spurs card in the world, I was going to try to be more specific on which cards I collected. I was thinking of trying to collect more the SN # cards (199 or less) including the RC, GU, AU, etc. If anyone has any suggestions, please voice your opinion? Thank you.

[Image: Banner_zpsdfc1db81.jpg]
PC Team: San Antonio Spurs
PC Players: David Robinson & Tim Duncan

RE: Need opinions....
I think having 1-3 players is better for a PC, it is impossible to collect every card of a team. I would keep it open for trades for the unpopular team players.

I think traders would be willing to throw in for free some of the unpopular players for your team. I'm a huge Jordan Farmar Fan. I am a Lakers & UCLA fan since I was little. It has become extremely hard to find cards that I don't have. I started collecting again in April 2007, since stopping in 2001.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

I keep it team, but I only actively collect the best players from those teams. Eddy curry might have been a starter but by no means is he in my collections. Same to be said about Jeffries and turiaf.
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

Right, supposing you want to keep it a team PC perhaps you want to consider this:

- How about one good card for each player in a Spurs jersey. A good card being one where the players is depicted nicely, action shot, jersey clearly visible, that kind of deal.
- Then try to complement that with a GU and an auto for each player available
- And finally elaborate on the most notable players with further autos, GUs and S# for Robinson, Duncan, Gervin, Gilmore and Francisco Elson

I'm trying to do an auto and memorabilia set for each player I can. For example I would want a patch/auto or a gu/auto card, a jersey card, a patch card, and a unique gu card. I know for David Robinson, you can get gu shoe, ball, net, and laces cards for the unique gu card. For someone like Terry Porter, he only has 1 Spurs auto, so I might get the other cards of him in another uniform. In baseball, I try to get a bat,jersey,patch,unique, and the gu/patch-auto card. I was maybe going to do the RC thing as well, but have no plans to do base or insert or #/cards.