`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hve any of you ever sold your entire collection? (Need opinions)

RE: Hve any of you ever sold your entire collection? (Need opinions)
(12-06-2011, 04:34 PM)samiamryan Wrote: Talked it over with the wife. She said she would feel guilty if I did that. Ill put it off and if we need the money, they are gone. So overtime at work, here I come. Just gotta buy alot less for 6 months.
Good to hear!!! Hopefully you won't have to dump it all...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(12-06-2011, 04:34 PM)samiamryan Wrote: Talked it over with the wife. She said she would feel guilty if I did that. Ill put it off and if we need the money, they are gone. So overtime at work, here I come. Just gotta buy alot less for 6 months.
Whatever works for you two. I'd definitely keep a few though, if you were to decide to part with your PC. I pray for the best for you guys, Peace.
HE> I

i sold alot of my collection at the last major card show and only made around $850 cash, not bad but i sold a favre auto, a kevin durant and a derrick rose auto rookie among the many cards.....
i kinda regret doing that but thats the gamble of collecting cards i guess

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

(12-07-2011, 06:04 PM)broncoboy27 Wrote: Whatever works for you two. I'd definitely keep a few though, if you were to decide to part with your PC. I pray for the best for you guys, Peace.
Long time, no see! Kind of lonely being the lone Bronco fan on this board.

No need to pray for us, we are already blessed.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

I just recently got back into the hobby after two years. I collected from 04-09 and had a pretty big and nice collection and sold off my entire collectin due to personal matters. Not a day has gone by in the past 2 years that I don't regret it, so many cards I know I will never see again after the years it took me to build up my collection and then to have to start again from scratch.

My advice would be is if you do need the money, try to keep some of your favorites or rarer ones, as there may well come a time when you will regret selling since you poured so much time into the hobby.

Yeah I've done it just like a few of these others guys have said. When it comes to a home or some fb cards, you can always get my cards. I sold my collection a few years back but it was something that needed to be done. (My ex-wife left my daughter and I was a single dad for a few years until I met my current fiancee'. So it was alot easier knowing it was for my daughter). You will think about it and miss them but you have to see the bigger picture. That's just IMO.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

OK. Im just going to tell you this flat out. Once you become fully involved in this hobby you have no out clause. It sticks with you forever. Back in 2007 I sold 90% of my cards including JT 1/1s, patch cards of ZT and a handful of Marinos including autos that I still havent replaced. Not too mention I used to collect anything I could of players I liked. I had Walter Payton BGS 8 RC yes BGS not BVG. BGS 9 Jerry Rice RC. 550 Barry Sanders cards. LT RCs. Leinart bgs 9.5 RC autos. Just a ton of cool stuff. To this day I regret it 100%. Why? Because the money is gone and I dont even remember what I spent it on. My best advice to you is to only sell what you absolutely dont want and find another way to come up with the cash. Maybe a 2nd job or sell off other stuff or cut down on spending because once your cards are gone you will never replace them fully.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

sold most of my dez autos and demarco autos last few weeks...i was starting to get really proud of both collections but demarcos were a chance for me to make some money and he was going to be to expensive to collect heavily...my dez autos i got rid of last week to buy a new deer rifle..it got to the point lately were i started looking at how much i have spent on cards in the last few months and i was ashamed of myself. I love this hobby but sometimes I feel like I want to go back to the basics like when I was a kid. I get rid of the real expensive stuff and hold on to the mid level and low end to keep somewhat of a card collection intact. you gotta do what ya gotta do. I can see myself selling more stuff in the new future just because I have too many hobbies and this one is getting out of hand. I need to learn to scale back and just enjoy it as a hobby....
[Image: vondez.png]
MY 2012 PC GUYS RYAN TANNEHILL, CYRUS GRAY, JEFF FULLER & CASE KEENUM!!!!!!!!BRING EM TO ME!!!
Collect DALLAS COWBOYS, former Texas A&M PLAYERS, DEZ BRYANT & VON MILLER !! Look at my ORG or bucket (ORG ALWAYS UP TO DATE)

I would sell a lung before selling my 12,000+ Packer card collection.
collecting anything and everything PACKERS

photo 609651aa-718b-4ed0-b1dc-6e16747e7527_zps718a33ab.jpg

I was considering selling my collection in favor of buying a ring for my girlfriend. I opted to back off on buying cards instead and trying to focus on saving money/working OT etc....And then one day we were talking it over, and she told me that she didn't want to get married until I was done with school....Well that is in a year and a half. So I started spending money again.....

D'OH!!!!!!!

At least i have a positve paypal balance for a change. I still am considering selling my collection. Or at least parts of it. My collection needs some focus. I also accepted way too many trades for Jon Dwyer when I first joined the board and started trading....what a sucker I was.
[Image: steel-1.jpg]
Collecting Greenwood, Woodley, and other Steelers. Also collecting 1993 Pacific Prisms (Check my org for set needs)

My Bucket:
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/kennycooks/