IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Bowman Draft Thoughts
Information 
2011 Bowman Draft Thoughts
After a decent amount of opening, here are my initial thoughts:

-Nice Auto/prospect lineup with a good amount of first-rounders and others -Bundy and Bauer leading the way with the live autos, and Sterling, with his unfortunate auto redemption, is not getting the attention it would otherwise. A solid amount of mid-levelers with strong upside potential (Cron, Greene) are nicely included.
It's not a "great" checklist without Cole, Hultzen, Rendon, and Bradley, but that's somewhat typical with Draft lately where they save some of the top picks for the next year's Bowman. Aflacs are nice but they should have picked more guys not in the regular set.

-Like how they mixed it up with the black-boardered regular prospects - obviously I disagree with Olds that it was a production error - no way topps completely muffs an entire series - it was a asthetic and value decision to benefit collectors who take better care of cards, b/c of the always-apparent condition-issues with thin-card black-boarders. I have no problem with this.

-Good collation and from what I've seen, not too many centering or factory-condition issues. Refractors are typically of top-quality and low-numbered parallels are not out of reach, but the inclusion of a subset or two like they did with chrome would have provided additional and welcomed variety.

-For chromers (I don't like "chromies") and prospectors it's definately recommended to pick up some boxes, at least as much as previous recent years at the minimum.

BTW I had a very quality break, with 5 boxes yielding a Starling Blue Ref., Lindor and Greene ref. autos, Quakenbush orange ref., Panik and Jungmann ref's, and a Bauer blue boarder. ALL ARE PC as I do not trade modern cards.
"they just need one more pitcher"

RE: 2011 Bowman Draft Thoughts
I used to love breaking bowman chrome products of all types but I've grown totally tired of landing a $10 auto and a whole bunch of base cards.

Its a good product for thr price range but my money goes to elite and bow sterling

I loved it last year, and really like it so far this year (pulled a Harper redemption). Have a few more cases incoming, so I'll save my my final opinion till then.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

Cant wait to get mine, probably tomorrow.
If you have less than 25 trades. I ask that you ship first!
Collecting RC's / Prospects / USA / Aflac & Mike Stanton......
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]