`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
OT: Black Friday Madness!!!

OT: Black Friday Madness!!!
Yea....this is why I started shopping in mid Sept.
Not worth it for this:

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-708714

Another:

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-708658

One more (its just bedding ppl, stay home and pay the extra $10)

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-708754

RE: OT: Black Friday Madness!!!
Absolute insanity. Nothing is that good of a deal to get me into that mob scene.

My wife was at Wally World last night at 10 PM. Much more orderly than these videos. But she said the store was packed solid with people.

I hope I never have to work a retail job and deal with this.

wife decided around 9:30 last night to run to wal-mart to try to grab a set of pyrex bakeware for $20

she got back home at 10:15 and had two of them. checked out at 9:58 apparently the key was parking at the closed down restaurant in the front entrance of the shopping center with wal-mart and hoove it to the store...no cart..weave through sea of carts where people couldn't go because they were all jammed up. grab your stuff. head on out.

it was an expert extraction operation on her end. I myself won't be caught dead out in all that mess.
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

My wife went to Wally World at 9pm last night. Everything she wanted was gone via line tickets when she got there. She said that there was a couple of women throwing punches over bath towels. Unreal! She came home and headed back out at midnight to Target. She said the line to get in was endless. She sat in the car and waited til the mad rush to get in the door was over. She walked in, found the two items she wanted only to find out it was an approximately 3 hour wait to check out. She put the items down and left.

You would not catch me anywhere near any of that crap.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

The only time Black Friday can pay off is if your after the BIG ticket item. I waited out side Toys R Us for 3 hours last night. I was the 22 person in the store. They had Power Wheels Mustangs for $199. Normally $280. Pair that with a couple coupon codes I had and I got it for $150 out the door. So a couple hours waiting in the cold to save $130 was worth it to me. Also I got gift cards for it at Giant Eagle so I also got the extra $.60 in fuel perks. Thats another $18 saved. But I would never do it for the couple $5-20 doorbusters. Thats not worth the hassle.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

I just laughed at the lady and the pepper spray. You knew when they did away with organized lines and let everyone just rampage through the store at once that something like that was going to happen. Now next year we'll all get pat downs TSA style before getting in the front
door. lol

I went Thursday night to a Wal-Mart that doesn't get as much traffic as others. I just stayed out of the way and let the crowd duke it out over the hot items. And then I went and picked up my camera and stood in line for about 15 minutes. I saved $70. It was worth it. Its funny how some of the people act like anything on sale is a deal.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.