`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cracked a box of 1993 Playoff!!

Cracked a box of 1993 Playoff!!
Found 5 boxes at the antique mall in town. Grabbed one. I remember loving this stuff when I was young. Seemed high end back then.

Scanner is down, but here is what I pulled. It would have been a monster box back in the day.

Some off looking card of Favre. Says its 4 out of 5 of the set on the back.

Rookies:
Drew Bledsoe
Rick Mirer
Jermome Bettis
Garrison Hearst

"The Backs:
Emmitt Smith #278
Barry Sanders #280

"Connections"
Favre
Young
Rice.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

RE: Cracked a box of 1993 Playoff!!
Can't beat the old stuff, used to love the old crown sets and collector's edge too. All people now days care about is the autos and jsys Sad You're right though...would have been a hell of a box!!!! How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking? Was trying to get my hands on a box of '95 Prisms II but the guys wanted waaay too much for it, think $80. An elway auto was inserted into those but only /50 and the box is 16 yrs old the chances are next to nothing. Really just wanted to do the set.
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

Always fun to bust a classic!

Great buy! And a great box!

1993 is my favorite year I think. The rookie class was arguably one of the best all time. Not to mention all of the HOFers and greats that played during that year.
I am working on putting together the 1993 Pacific Prism 108 base card set only 17,000 made of each card! I think I am a little shy of 50%
I recently finished the 1993 Pacific Prisms Circular Insert 20 card subset. which = TOTAL SWEETNESS!!!
[Image: steel-1.jpg]
Collecting Greenwood, Woodley, and other Steelers. Also collecting 1993 Pacific Prisms (Check my org for set needs)

My Bucket:
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/kennycooks/

wow title brought back memories
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(11-12-2011, 06:09 PM)samiamryan Wrote: Found 5 boxes at the antique mall in town. Grabbed one. I remember loving this stuff when I was young. Seemed high end back then.

Scanner is down, but here is what I pulled. It would have been a monster box back in the day.

Some off looking card of Favre. Says its 4 out of 5 of the set on the back.

Rookies:
Drew Bledsoe
Rick Mirer
Jermome Bettis
Garrison Hearst

"The Backs:
Emmitt Smith #278
Barry Sanders #280

"Connections"
Favre
Young
Rice.
awesome find

Photobucket

BANNER MADE BY BLAYNERO.THANKS ALOT

check me for the bettis if it is FT.

Loved that stuff! Funny how it was fairly high end back in the day..
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(11-13-2011, 11:03 PM)mooncricket916 Wrote: Can't beat the old stuff, used to love the old crown sets and collector's edge too. All people now days care about is the autos and jsys Sad You're right though...would have been a hell of a box!!!! How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking? Was trying to get my hands on a box of '95 Prisms II but the guys wanted waaay too much for it, think $80. An elway auto was inserted into those but only /50 and the box is 16 yrs old the chances are next to nothing. Really just wanted to do the set.
I paid $20 for the box. I always loved Collectors Edge! When I was 12, they came out and you could pull an Elway auto. I begged my mom every time we went to the grocery store for packs dreaming about pulling that Elway auto. I live near Green Bay and the only shot I had as a kid to have an Elway auto was these packs...never got one. Five years ago, I wasnt collecting anymore. On a whim, I was playing on ebay and looking at cards and thinking how much they changed. I looked up Elway's autos and saw the 92 Collectors Edge auto with the certificate. Ive never seen one in real life. I threw a bid up of $25 buck and couldnt beleive I won it! I couldnt wait for that card to show up. After that, I was hooked!
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331