`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2011 Bowman Chrome hit but damaged. Thoughts on what to do.*UPDATE*

RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome hit but damaged. Thoughts on what to do.*UPDATE*
wow thats was pretty nice of topps to at least return a red 1/5 auto... i never heard of either player so id say it was a good trade off.. can you post a picture please of both cards (if you took one of the damaged card)
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

Yeah, you did good getting a card numbered out of the same amount, and you got the first one, which does help with a future sale in many cases. Good job on your part, and kudos for Topps for not jacking you on a pretty rare hit from a retail box.

it still makes me wonder on how topps does this...I'm not suggesting any sort of underhandedness or conspiracy but the thought that extremely rare cards like this are held in reserve makes me wonder how the process works...

I mean, it makes sense that all the production of a card is done at one time but this means that they cannot possibly be packaged all at one time. Otherwise someone at topps would have to rip wax to find a comperable card (that would be an awesome job to have but I'm sure the position doesn't exist).

It obviously also means that after cards are produced, they are "shuffled" before they put them into packs (since a 1/5 was returned, it obviously hadn't been put into a pack and sent out yet).

I guess its a bit disheartening to know that the card(s) I'm looking for may not ever even be put into a box...let alone the ones purchased by some card shop that went outta business and is sitting in a basement somewhere.

How else could Topps replace a damaged rare insert if they didn't hold some back? If they put them all in packs, they'd have nothing remaining to exchange.

Now this opens a different can of worms as people try to figure out how Topps decides which ones to hold back... which I am sure will fuel the conspiracy theorists out there.

As for Ethan Martin... he's got quite an arm. I saw him in Hi-A ball the last two years. His ERA can be sky high as he gets rattled, but he can bring heat and Baseball America still think highly of him. (But he's a bit of a prima donna.)
Looking for UC-Riverside alumni (Paul Applebee, Rob Brantly, Marc Rzepczynski)

Khris Davis was a much better prospect but at least you got a similar card

Nice replacement. Similar situation on another board, eBay search "matt Moore red refractor" and see the $1600 card that Topps turned into a $750 card by allowing one of the best hits of the entire year to be packed out in BGS 3.5 condition
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome hit but damaged. Thoughts on what to do.
(11-23-2011, 12:38 PM)captdolo Wrote: I sent in a damaged 1/1 Ginter wood of Andrew Mccutchen and got a 1/1 Ginter wood of Angel Pagan in retun... this was before Pagan sucked it up last year.. I did okay as a Mets fan
Crap, that's why I haven't seen a Cutch mini wood...and never will. Do they destroy those cards? I have been waiting for that mini to pop up. Was it the 2010 or 2011?
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]

I sent in a redemption for. Cody Ross world series gu relic card, got a letter 3 month later saying they no longer could give me the card, and they sent me. Jesus montero auto refractor numbered to 500 .. I probably did better in money wise, but I really. Wanted the world series piece for myself. I just wanted to hold a piece of history in my hands. Topps is pretty good about trading value for value.. I think you did ok with what they sent back, at least it was the same series and color..

I pulled a Bryce Harper Refractor out of Bowman 2011 when it first came out. I was excited until I looked more closely at it. Damaged on the cornerSad I talked to my LCS and they gave me a someone at CS and had it replaced in like 2 weeks! Just yesterday I pulled an Orange Refractor of some prospect can't remember his name. It has a scratch down the middle of the card. I will be calling topps to get it replaced.