`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redemptions for relic cards in Tier One?

Redemptions for relic cards in Tier One?
So I've noticed some redemptions for relic cards in Tier One, Ryne Sandberg and Rickey Henderson in particular. This is new to me, obviously we're all familiar with auto redemptions, but I thought this was curious. Did Topps just screw up, or maybe this has something to do with the recent fake "game-used" memorabilia being discovered?
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

RE: Redemptions for relic cards in Tier One?
Wow!! a product with 1 pack/box and they have redemptions..
That is just wrong..

I don't see how this is any different than autos. For autos, the player didn't sign the cards/stickers in time. For GU, Topps didn't get the jerseys/bats in the cards in time.
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

It's different because with autos Topps is waiting on players, something they can't control. With GU they're not waiting on anybody.

(11-12-2011, 02:47 AM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: I don't see how this is any different than autos. For autos, the player didn't sign the cards/stickers in time. For GU, Topps didn't get the jerseys/bats in the cards in time.
This is what I think too

I think redemptions stink period!!
Does Topps not pay players to sign or pay for GU materials?
If the player does not sign by a date or turn in GU be a date, then they are not included in the checklist and not paid the $$.
Does a player even turn in GU or does Topps get it on 2ndary market??
Either way, redemptions stink!!

(11-12-2011, 02:59 AM)dlcarst Wrote: With GU they're not waiting on anybody.
They are waiting on their accounting department to finish counting all your money. Thats why it takes so long lol....

[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Haha well said! I still think maybe Topps bought some "game-used" stuff from one of those people that got busted for selling fake merchandise and they found out what they had was fake and didn't have time to acquire some new merchandise.