`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm just getting into serious collecting and would really love advice.

I'm just getting into serious collecting and would really love advice.
So I pulled out my old collection from the mid-90's, I'm 30. Bought myself the 2011 Beckett price guide and purchased a few boxes to help update my collection. Problem is my collection is all over the place and I'm not sure what I should be focusing on. Players, teams, sets? Would really appreciate some advice.

RE: I'm just getting into serious collecting and would really love advice.
Collect what you like, period! Hopefully, what you like is not what everyone else likes. Then you can get your cards in easier trades. Don't worry about making money at the hobby unless...well, just don't worry about it because it usually does not happen.
Good luck, and let me know if you would like an easy trade to get started on here.
Mickey

yeah it just depends on what you like, if you like a player collect that player, if you just love the sport than collect base sets, if you love a team than collect players from that team. If you love an era than collect an era. Me peronally I collect base sets, and pistons cards.

What the other two guys said. It's no use collecting cards that you won't enjoy receiving in your mailbox and, more importantly, pulling out your closet every now and then to have a look through.

Welcome back to collecting. Just have fun collecting. You'll figure out who or what you want to collect eventually. Some people go with players they like or have met before, it just depends on the person. It also depends on your budget. Collecting can get expensive, so try to stay within a set budget (it's hard, lol). Good luck.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

Pretty much everyone on here is dead on. It's about making it fun for you! And making money is next to impossible in the hobby as well so you have to make sure you enjoy it!

This is a great place to trade and learn about the hobby as well, so welcome! Once you figure out what you are going after and get acquainted to the site, let everyone know and you'll be flooded with trade offers, it's great!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

everything said above is dead on, just have fun and decide what you think is fun to collect. There are so many ways to collect. Just don't collect celtics I get those jk. Also mj,kobe,lebron your have a lot of people wanting those.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

All are good answers but,In my opinion, and my opinion only, I suggest only buying autos and Patch autos. Not just jerseys, the ones with multiple colors. These are much easier to trade/sell and look so cool. I like to get some patches in hopes of getting them signed by one of my PC players (Bobcats). I am also crazy compared to some other collectors in here because I will try to collect all of ones cards print run. Like if its /25 I want to get them all. Keeps the chase going for me which is what I find so fun about collecting. Good luck and welcome back!

Your choice for your love!! I am a die hard knicks fan so predominately collect my knicks players, but I also collect J-kidd and nash because I love watching those two play. Depends on also if your collecting for the fun and love of the game or if you are investing.
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

(11-11-2011, 11:30 AM)buckunteer Wrote: Pretty much everyone on here is dead on. It's about making it fun for you! And making money is next to impossible in the hobby as well so you have to make sure you enjoy it!

This is a great place to trade and learn about the hobby as well, so welcome! Once you figure out what you are going after and get acquainted to the site, let everyone know and you'll be flooded with trade offers, it's great!