Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canary

Canary
What is or how is a card a "canary"?
Thanks

RE: Canary
That's what Topps is calling their Diamond Anniversary Yellow-colored parallels. They're a 1/1 like the superfractors.

(11-09-2011, 04:44 PM)motu79 Wrote: That's what Topps is calling their Diamond Anniversary Yellow-colored parallels. They're a 1/1 like the superfractors.
Thanks, I have seen on peebay everything call a "canary" and I think it is a littie mis-leading. I thought I knew, but wanted to make sure.

Canary:
[Image: VargasCanary.jpg]

alot of people were confused when the Topps Update Cognacs came out because they are almost the same color. Sadly shady dealers and sellers also took advantage of this confusion and put the word Canary in their auctions to get more hits. True Canary cards will be marked 1/1 while the Cognacs have no numbering.

Someone also needs to explain to some of the sellers that there is a difference between Xfractors and Mosaics.

[Image: 2011-topps-update-canary-big.jpg]

gold instead of bronzeish (cognac) and 1/1 stamp on the right side over the team logo
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Not all Canary are 1/1 for example the 2011 Topps Lineage auto canary cards are /10

Photobucket

I thought this was going to be a thread to bash '91 Fleer. Man, I'm disappointed.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.