`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple supply/organization questions

A couple supply/organization questions
One, I'm a penny sleeve/toploader guy... I bought a ton of each a while back. I went with Ultra Pro Premium for both. The price difference between Regular and Premium for the toploaders wasn't all that much... seemed like a no-brainer to go with the Premiums... and I have been very happy I did. They seem much more sturdy/rigid than the Regulars.

Different story altogether for the penny sleeves. The price difference was substantial... the Premiums were more than 2X the cost of the Regulars. I went with the Premiums and have been a little disappointed. I find them difficult to place my cards into without being a little rough with the bottom edge and whichever bottom corner is the last to go in. Sometimes a card will slide right in, but usually not. The Regular sleeves seem to always allow the card to slide right in. I'm almost wishing I had gone with Regulars.

So, what do you all think? Do you do Premiums or not? And if you do, what's the big advantage, especially for the price difference? I know they are more sturdy, but is that it? And do you find that the sturdiness makes it harder to slide your card in?

Two, I've got one of those big 4 row Monsters cardboard boxes. I've got all my cards in there lined up by player. I'd like to have some sort of divider between the players that indicates which player is up next. Something like a sideways index card with the players name across the top that shows just above the toploaders. I'm looking for something nice, maybe something even made for this type of thing, maybe even something I could print to, something that wouldn't get too smushed when I put the top on the box.

So drop any ideas you may have for this.

Thanks!

RE: A couple supply/organization questions
I used a dummy card "those white carboard things inside a toploader. Or get one of those very thin card savers and place a piece of paper at the top with the players name.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

So I guess I'm the only one having any issues with the Ultra Pro Premium penny sleeves?

(11-03-2011, 10:09 PM)cdillon17 Wrote: So I guess I'm the only one having any issues with the Ultra Pro Premium penny sleeves?
I never had premiums. The basic ultra are just fine for me. I get 1k toploaders and 1k penny sleeves brand new "ultra pro" 50.00 I'm very happy with them.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

I never used the premium so can't help there. As for the labeling, I recommend using a card saver as well and a label gun to label the top with the players name. It looks real nice.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I've had the same problem, I've actually damaged a cars before getting pissed it wouldn't go in lol.

I bought Ultra Pro dividers so I could label my Hamels cards. They are cheap and work great.

(11-04-2011, 06:09 AM)phillies816 Wrote: I bought Ultra Pro dividers so I could label my Hamels cards. They are cheap and work great.
Don't they get squished down when you put the lid on the box? Or do you not use the lid?
(11-03-2011, 10:18 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: I never used the premium so can't help there. As for the labeling, I recommend using a card saver as well and a label gun to label the top with the players name. It looks real nice.
What exactly is a card saver? Can you link me to this product on a site?
(11-03-2011, 10:19 PM)cody_allen Wrote: I've had the same problem, I've actually damaged a cars before getting pissed it wouldn't go in lol.
Glad to hear I am not the only one. Sounds like you are like me and wishing you had just gone with the cheaper regular sleeves.

I bought some regulars at walmart and the work fine, however the toploaders are giving me trouble. They are too thin and I cant even put regular cards inside them........
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Ya I need to buy sum new ones. Anybody know the cheapest place to order supplies?