`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Topps Diamond Giveaway Set

2011 Topps Diamond Giveaway Set
Has anyone received and broken a set won through Topps' Diamond Giveaway site? I've heard that they have foil stamping signifying that they are different than a basic set purchased normally. Can anyone confirm this?
[Image: BECKETTBanner.jpg]
Trading for: Baseball Rookie Collection NEEDS | Frank Thomas | Ben Tate | Hideo Nomo | Ken Griffey Jr. (SEA uni) | Current Texans
*Wants marked as such* *NOT CURRENTLY TRADING*

RE: 2011 Topps Diamond Giveaway Set
I've heard the same thing (on one of the forum threads). Actually, I have one from the diamond giveaway myself that I haven't even opened (and likely won't anytime soon) and another on the way.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Topps-DIAMO...500wt_1054

See that logo on the left? All the cards in this set have that logo on it, so they are slightly different
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(11-02-2011, 11:46 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Topps-DIAMO...500wt_1054

See that logo on the left? All the cards in this set have that logo on it, so they are slightly different
Sweet. Thanks. I don't think I'll bust mine open when I get it but it's nice knowing. Do you know if they're in the ORG yet or are they something that probably won't?
[Image: BECKETTBanner.jpg]
Trading for: Baseball Rookie Collection NEEDS | Frank Thomas | Ben Tate | Hideo Nomo | Ken Griffey Jr. (SEA uni) | Current Texans
*Wants marked as such* *NOT CURRENTLY TRADING*

(11-03-2011, 12:29 AM)jacobclark04240 Wrote: Sweet. Thanks. I don't think I'll bust mine open when I get it but it's nice knowing. Do you know if they're in the ORG yet or are they something that probably won't?
They are listed in the ORG with n/a as a value. Bonds2001 broke a set.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

leave it to my compulsive need to keep all my venters collection cataloged/scanned:

has the diamond anniversary foil stamp on the top left and "factory set limited edition" above the name. other than that identical to the base S1/S2 1-660 set with no SPs/special cards added in

if anyone has any question as to what any 2011 topps cards look like including a lot of the 1/1 parallels:
www.page63.com/cards/ click jonny venters in the top left corner there are front/back scans of all but 3 variations on there (missing the holiday set /75 foil, and the 2011 topps update wal-mart/target retail versions but will have those two soon)
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

I'm breaking up an extra set that I have and trading it in team sets priced at the Diamond Anniversary pricing. The first one (Chicago White Sox) is up on the trading board.

Ray

I know guys have made a killing on Ebay by busting them cause each player collector has had to drop $1 or so on the player they like cause its not obtainable hardly any other way.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I busted a set, took out the Giants etc..
I am not trading until pricing.
There are a lot more out there than the Allen and Ginter Glossy, which I got and broke up as well.