`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bad eBay Luck

Bad eBay Luck
During the World Series, I put a NefalĂ­ Feliz gold refractor /50 on the bay, hoping to make some money on it since he was doing pretty well this postseason. The same card sold for $19.49...just before blew the series in the 9th (game 6). Mine sold for $2.25 yesterday...should've started it sooner
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

RE: Bad eBay Luck
ouch thats tough luck.

Man that sucks. Thats why when he was kicking the crap out of my Tigers I put an auto of his up for sale. I still only got $12 for it. Sometimes its hard to gauge who and what is going to sell when.

Ooooo that is bad luck. If it makes you feel any better I was selling a game 3 ticket that my cousin was going to send me a while back on the bay (one of 3) but the tickets never came, and so I had to end the auction early with the current bid at about 40 bucks.

It sucks when something happens like that at the post office. I realize that it does and can happen but still sucks.

I can tell you from buying experience that Rangers don't usually go for very much, unless the last name is Hamilton. His stuff goes crazy.

Any other player doesn't go for a whole lot. I'm glad that's the team I follow and collect.

I don't think Neftali ever got much of a boost in value during the WS or otherwise. Ebay right now is an extreme buyers market, most cards are going for diddly squat. I'm thinking the only way he gets interest or a price upgrade is going to be if he grows a crazy beard or they convert him to a starter and he does good.

Yeah, I listed my Rangers GU and Autos at decent prices, not expensive but I didn't want to give them away. All the auctions ended on game 7 day and none sold...Cardinals stuff was going like crazy though.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

that's okay...i put up a 2009 Topps Chrome David Freese Rookie and a blue refractor #/199 on October 19th. It ended on the 25th with just one bid of $4.99 + shipping. As we all know, 2 days later he went on to become the World Series Hero of game 6 and 3 days later the World Series MVP. His blue refractor just sold on ebay for $13. Sadly, I'm just happy I got $5 for the lot.