`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have a problem like this.

Anyone have a problem like this.
So back in march i got a few packs of topps tribute for my b-day from my wife. I pulled a bradford auto 13/15. well i was working a trade for it so i pulled it out and looked at. Well the gold layer of the card pulled away from the rest of the card on one side. Ive had it in a snap case since ive pulled it. Has anyone ever had a problem like this??? and You think topps will replace it??
[Image: RPM61m.png]

COLLECTING
ERIC DECKER,JOHN CARLSON,HARRISON SMITH,JARED ALLEN,EARL CAMPBELL, ADRIAN PETERSON,AND OTHER VIKINGS

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff213/RPM61M/Autos/

RE: Anyone have a problem like this.
Was it damaged when you put it in the snap case? If not, why would Topps replace it?

Besides don't use snap cases, they damage the corners. Find a nice appropriately sized magnetic one touch for those high end cards.

(11-02-2011, 01:18 PM)0264 roadrunner1964 Wrote: Was it damaged when you put it in the snap case? If not, why would Topps replace it?

Besides don't use snap cases, they damage the corners. Find a nice appropriately sized magnetic one touch for those high end cards.
+1

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

Snap tights are bad because they depend on pressure to hold the card in properly also. If the card is just the ever so slightly too thick for the card you are keeping it in, it will cause the gloss to stick to the holder and creates rips into the coating of the card. This could even go down into the cardboard and create a tear.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

All of the above said, Tribute was awful as far as quality control goes. I have multiple cards that were pack pulled with the foil rippled and detached.

Even if the one-touches ARE bad, they are still preferable to a snap case. Keeping it in a sock under your pillow is preferable to a snap case.

Use a correctly fitting one touch or a correctly fitting single-screw holder WITH RECESSED CORNERS! Your cards will last a heckuva lot longer and in much better condition than a snap case.for your cards

Nailing your card to the wall is almost as good as using a snap case.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(11-02-2011, 01:18 PM)0264 roadrunner1964 Wrote: Was it damaged when you put it in the snap case? If not, why would Topps replace it?

thats what i ment , it was in a one touch, and no it wasnt damaged.
[Image: RPM61m.png]

COLLECTING
ERIC DECKER,JOHN CARLSON,HARRISON SMITH,JARED ALLEN,EARL CAMPBELL, ADRIAN PETERSON,AND OTHER VIKINGS

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff213/RPM61M/Autos/

(11-03-2011, 01:15 AM)rpm61m Wrote: thats what i ment , it was in a one touch, and no it wasnt damaged.
Okay, your one touch was obviously not the right size, as it was pressing against the card.

If it wasn't damaged out of the pack, Topps isn't going to do anything for you.