`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know what this is?

Anyone know what this is?
I bought this card a while back and I don't see it listed in Beckett. I tried the vaguest searched I can and still can't seem to find it. Anyone familiar with these? Any info would be appreciated! Also, if anyone know how to post a picture instead of a link to a picture, please let me know.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g388...cs2569.jpg

Thanks,
Kyle
Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!

RE: Anyone know what this is?
It is what that label says it is.

www.famousfabrics.com

Unlicensed so Beckett won't list them
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

It's called Famous Fabrics. They make cards that are not licensed by MLB, so there no pics or logos or team names on them. Some of them look awesome, but I dont think they are really accepted by mainstream collectors. Also, to post pics, in phoyobucket, put the mouse over a pic in the album, and 4 lines pop up. they are:
Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Code
and the last 1 is
IMG Code
Right click on the last 1 (IMG Code), copy it, then paste it in the message box, and everyone will be able to see it here on beckett

Thanks for the info - I thought the card was cool so I bought it. I wasn't sure if it was licensed or not. I have seen ads on Beckett's website for In the Game and I though they were the company that made it. At least that is what someone had told me.

Thanks for the help on the picture posting too!
Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!

(10-29-2011, 09:33 PM)murrylove Wrote: It's called Famous Fabrics. They make cards that are not licensed by MLB, so there no pics or logos or team names on them. Some of them look awesome, but I dont think they are really accepted by mainstream collectors. Also, to post pics, in phoyobucket, put the mouse over a pic in the album, and 4 lines pop up. they are:
Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Code
and the last 1 is
IMG Code
Right click on the last 1 (IMG Code), copy it, then paste it in the message box, and everyone will be able to see it here on beckett
You use the HTML code on Beckett, most other sites use the IMG code
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

(10-29-2011, 11:10 PM)keyser soze Wrote: You use the HTML code on Beckett, most other sites use the IMG code
IMG code works as well, I never knew you could do HTML code, testbyrd,mini,gypsy,queen,gq,cubs,marlon
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Aye I never knew you could use the HTML either ,always use the IMG Code. I usually preview the post before I post it for good as well.

Cool card, I saw they put a Hank Aaron bat barrel card out that I wouldn't have minded having but I won't put too much into non-licensed stuff as it just doesn't seem to have the demand
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

AS for the demand part, if your buying for your PC, does non-licensed or demand matter? They have a nice Lou Piniella jumbo patch card. It shows Piniella in a black cap, no Yankee logo, but anyone can tell it's a Yankee patch on the card. For someone interested in resale, your right on the demand part, unless it's a PC card for someone.

(10-30-2011, 02:07 PM)murrylove Wrote: AS for the demand part, if your buying for your PC, does non-licensed or demand matter? They have a nice Lou Piniella jumbo patch card. It shows Piniella in a black cap, no Yankee logo, but anyone can tell it's a Yankee patch on the card. For someone interested in resale, your right on the demand part, unless it's a PC card for someone.
I was just saying with myself anyways even if it is PC I'm not going to overload into a card if overall the demand is down such as that Aaron I liked but everyone has there preference

Beyond that non-licensed and minor league brand stuff doesn't bother me at all

That is how I was able to add a Ted Turner auto to my Braves collection
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)