`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware of damaged Bowman Chrome cards

Beware of damaged Bowman Chrome cards
I know this shouldn't be a surprise for anybody, but I figured I would give a heads up anwyay.

Just as with past year's Bowman Chrome cards, this year's Bowman Chrome edition also has damaged packs.

I went into Target today and was feeling good. Almost good enough to lose my mind and buy some Bowman Chrome retail packs. Thank heavens, I could see that all of the packs in this opened retail box were bent and damaged. Be aware.

This has been a common theme for years now and is pretty pathetic.

RE: Beware of damaged Bowman Chrome cards
Thats why i don't buy my stuff at target!!! I bought 7 boxes and not one card was damaged...I think you need to change the venue on where you buy your cards
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

I go to a lot of other places besides Target. But Target is certainly not the only one with these kind of damaged packs. In the past, I have seen them at hobby and other retail outlets as well.

This stuff has been going on for at least 10 years with Chrome and apparently will not be changing soon.

Sounds like the results of pack searching.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

I recently bought a 2011 Bowman Baseball Hobby Box from dacardworld.com and 80% of the cards were damaged and two packages came with less than 10 cards and without the two chrome cards as promised.

Trust me, the Target packs damage are caused by pack searchers.

(10-24-2011, 08:30 PM)westhoustonvw Wrote: Sounds like the results of pack searching.
+1
Master set builder always looking for SP's from Heritage, A&G, and Goudey
also c
ollecting all things Claudell Washington and Justin Ruggiano
http://s243.photo
bucket.com/albums/ff230/heatert/

I did get on damaged die cut from a hobby box last weekend. The bottom part, which I guess is susceptible (yes I had to look up the spelling) to damage, had a crease in the back. I really wasn't that surprised given the small protruding area of the card.
Guillen: 536 cards~42 GU~9 Patches~6 Autos~17 1/1s
Cabrera: 137 cards~4 GU~3 Patches~2 Autos~0 1/1s
Edmonds: 221 cards~10 GU~2 Patches~3 Autos~0 1/1s
[Image: WilliamsQuad-1.jpg]