`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My recent BGS submission results

RE: My recent BGS submission results
I would like to know that as well as far as surface stuff. i would be hesitant on any kind of cleaners though, but who knows.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

Well I know wifey cleans mine off with a cloth baby diaper. It doesn't leave any scratches and it really does a nice job removing dust, and removing fingerprints from metallic cards like chrome, platinum, and leaf metal
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(10-19-2011, 02:27 AM)biglump007 Wrote: Well I know wifey cleans mine off with a cloth baby diaper. It doesn't leave any scratches and it really does a nice job removing dust, and removing fingerprints from metallic cards like chrome, platinum, and leaf metal
Yeah I'm going to break out the Pippen and use one of them cloths that comes with phone protectors and see if wiping it off changes the grade. Would be worth $10 just to find that out. Well I guess $20 grading it twice lol. Most of my low grades come from surface, even cards that go straight from packs into sleeves and toploaders. You would think Beckett would wipe them off if it was dust tho but I guess not, well I think not - we'll see in a couple months lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(10-19-2011, 02:34 AM)branesergen Wrote: Yeah I'm going to break out the Pippen and use one of them cloths that comes with phone protectors and see if wiping it off changes the grade. Would be worth $10 just to find that out. Well I guess $20 grading it twice lol. Most of my low grades come from surface, even cards that go straight from packs into sleeves and toploaders. You would think Beckett would wipe them off if it was dust tho but I guess not, well I think not - we'll see in a couple months lol
Yeah I'd do the same thing if it were me. I've noticed a lot of Topps stuff like finest, chrome, and platinum are coveted in dust out of the pack. I think most of my low subgrades come from corners or edges so since the Pippen is good there cleaning the surface should help a bunch.

Tyson Jackson
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21

Thats whats got me baffled - all my Chrome have graded out high with scratches!! I know I put a micro scratch on one of the Bradfords that I wiped off with my shirt (I know lol) and it got a 9 lol I have 10 more going out when I get home, I'm going to wipe them before I send them lol.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(10-19-2011, 02:46 AM)branesergen Wrote: Thats whats got me baffled - all my Chrome have graded out high with scratches!! I know I put a micro scratch on one of the Bradfords that I wiped off with my shirt (I know lol) and it got a 9 lol I have 10 more going out when I get home, I'm going to wipe them before I send them lol.
Yeah that's wierd cause metal cards seem to do well on corners and edges but not so well on surfaces because they show scratches and fingerprints so easy. I know on some of last years finest I noticed they had what looked like a little ball ping spot or indenting on them. Not sure if BGS would over look that or not. It seems like on the spa where the stamp mark is by the numbering they have overlooked it since most if not all the auto patches have that mark.

Tyson Jackson
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21