`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: New sports evolution... A camera INSIDE the football??

OT: New sports evolution... A camera INSIDE the football??
Jus saw this article & thought this might be a cool. It could be done in all sports, but since this is the football thread....

http://www.yardbarker.com/all_sports/art...ce/7451596

All comments & opinions welcome, but lets keep it civil. No internet fights, lol.
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

RE: OT: New sports evolution... A camera INSIDE the football??
I don't really like it. Sure it might reduce a margin of error but if you become too reliable on machines and technology, when it fails, then what? The old fashioned way? And then people will just moan and groan, "well if the damn football camera was working!!!"
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

man thats the idea i had this summer when i hit a golf ball off the top of montanas highest mountain. except instead of a whole bunch of cameras it would be just one set inside of a gyro. of course the ball would have to be clear. i love the idea though. i bet the nfl will go there eventually. how much more proof would anyone need if you could see the perspective of the ball?
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

lol, i would love to see it from the balls view when you have 250 LB dudes swamping a fumbled ball that is jitterbugging and refusing to stay in their hands. As for throwing that would probably be near impossible to watch as the ball is spinning way too fast. It would take a good while to make a actually viewable film of a football being thrown. Maybe if they put cams in the tips of the football, but even then it would have to have a gyro or something to counter act the spin.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

that would be the best thing since hester ran back the opening kickoff in superbowl xli

I don't think technology was made with sports in mind. It seems like a neat way to get some cool 360 degree pictures. I doubt this will come to the NFL or any other sport anytime soon.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Interesting, but i always felt the next big thing would be a camera on the QBs helmet. So then you can see what the QB sees.

(10-19-2011, 01:09 PM)fishtaco02 Wrote: Interesting, but i always felt the next big thing would be a camera on the QBs helmet. So then you can see what the QB sees.
I'd love to see this. I want to see how quickly they change target when they are doing their read.
Looking for: Urlacher, Hester, Forte, Knox, Cutler, and other Bears "Star" players. Even old school if you've got 'em.

(10-19-2011, 01:18 PM)JaxFootballGuy Wrote: I'd love to see this. I want to see how quickly they change target when they are doing their read.
that would be cool but serves no purpose. the camera in the ball things actually has a purpose as you could help determine the spot of the ball when it is questionable. i bet the ball thing happens before a helmet cam.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

IDK, so every football is gonna have a camera in it? U know how expensive that will be? Plus how will that affect the weight of the football, will one side way more then the other? The camera on the QB serves a purpose, it brings people closer to the game. Especially 3D! Can you image watch a ravens game in 3D and see Ray Lewis coming at you full speed for a sack?

(10-19-2011, 01:57 PM)nthnoak Wrote: that would be cool but serves no purpose. the camera in the ball things actually has a purpose as you could help determine the spot of the ball when it is questionable. i bet the ball thing happens before a helmet cam.