`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.57 Average
PLEASE READ !! theres candy inside.

PLEASE READ !! theres candy inside.
PLEASE DONT TAKE OFFENSE TO THIS THREAD.

IN MY EXPERIENCE, I WOULD MUCH RATHER HAVE A NICE URLACHER THAN A BUTKUS OR A RODGERS RATHER THAN A UNITAS OR A MARINO. BUTKUS MAY HAVE HAD A BETTER CAREER AND/OR MORE OF AN IMPACT ON THE GAME THAN URLACHER BUT IT DOESNT MATTER TO ME. IVE SEEN HIGHLIGHTS BUT I WASNT AROUND TO SEE HIM PLAY. AROUND FOR THE CONTROVERSY IN THE NEWS OR SITTING ON MY COUCH WATCHING HIM EVERY SUNDAY TAKE THE FIELD FILLED WITH EMOTION. IN MY EXPERIENCE ANYBODY BEFORE 98 JUST DONT DO IT FOR ME. IVE HAD OBEASLY SICK ELWAYS, MARINOS, NAMATHS, WALTER PAYTONS, THAT I ONLY ACQUIRED BECAUSE THEY ARE IN HIGH DEMAND. BUT AFTER A SHORT WHILE, THEY LOST THEIR LUSTER AND I EVENTUALLY SOLD THEM. FOR ME; I NEED TO HAVE SOME SORT OF CONNECTION WITH A PLAYER. I NEEDED TO BE ABLE TO SEE THEM PLAY. FROM THEIR DRAFT DAY TIL PRESENT. AND HAVE A MEMORY OF A 4TH QUARTER COMEBACK OR COMEBACKS, LIVE! OR A MIRACULOUS PLAY FOR THE WIN IN OT. IS IT THAT WAY FOR YOU TOO?? OR IS THEIR PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO REALLY ENJOY COLLECTING OLD TIMERS EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE'NT AROUND TO SEE THEM PLAY? OR MAYBE THIS SITE IS REALLY JUST STACKED WITH OLD FARTS:p

RE: PLEASE READ
I grew up watching the Elways, Marino's and the great Joe Montana. Joe is the reason I am a Chiefs fan. I was a big Montana fan and when he went to the Chiefs I followed him. I do get where you are coming from. I think it is cool to own some of the older greats for awhile. But like you I end up trading them. Card collecting for me is knowing that I owned the card at one time or another. If I kept every card I ever had it would be 1 damn great collection. But I like that my collection is always evolving into something new.

RE: PLEASE READ
that "great damn collecting" sentence was classicSmile I was expecting something more along the lines of, "if i kept every card i ever had then i would be a miserable man". Haha, or " i wouldnt have the cards i have today". it caught me by surpriseSmile I havnt laughed out loud from reading in a long time. Thanks magsWink

LOL! ANOTHER 1 STAR RATING! I SWEAR, THERE'S A GROUP OF HATERS DEDICATED TO 1 STARING MY THREADS. BEING A 1 STAR HATER HAS GOT TO BE A FULL TIME JOB. ESPECIALLY THE ONE'S WHO ARE ASSIGNED TO ME, THEY'RE ON IT MAN! NOT 10 MINUTES IN AND I ALREADY GOT HATED ON. DRINK UP THAT HATERADE PEOPLE, DRINK IT UP

RE: PLEASE READ !! theres candy inside.
I want my candy.

I want my candy now.

Im only 28, I saw Marino play.... I loved it. Miss it. Don't think I really appreciated it the way I should have. Oh well.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

I hear ya... but there is nothing like holding a BGS 9.5 Marino or Elway or Montana or Rice RC in your hands... something about a little 3 x 5 being worth thousands of dollars. Besides, not knowing the history of the game or how great these records are shows you how great today's players are. I.e. Manning breaking Marino's records. You have to wonder, if players from yester year could play today, how would they fare?

Oh and in case you were wondering... I own a BGS 9.5 Marino and Jerry Rice RCs. =)

It's all just cardboard, but I still like the old stuff. I see where you're coming from, there is a certain amount of satisfaction watching guys make great plays and being able to look at your cards of that player.
BTW - Not only do you have a one star stalker, you are kind of encouraging others to give your threads one star just to see what you do.
As far as we know they are completely useless. On the other hand, administrators (not mods) may get notices about individual's ratings and take away their birthday's.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

Im only 19 but the first stuff I ever collected was vintage. That stuff was just cool IMO. It helped me learn more about condition and the history of the hobby. The I started to crack cases of cards and got the bug for the patch cards and autographs of current players I knew more about. So for me the investment part of it will always be in vintage which I have alot of...but the WOW factor for me is always in the new current player stuff...nothing beats seeing awesome patches and superfractors of current stars
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(10-17-2011, 11:04 AM)dfcj1499 Wrote: ... MAYBE THIS SITE IS REALLY JUST STACKED WITH OLD FARTS:p
Big Grin

[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

I THOUGHT YOU SAID THERE WAS CANDY INSIDE???????
[Image: thumbnailaspx.jpg]
GOOD DAY!!!!!! NO, I SAID GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

That was a trick to get you to read itSmile Theres no candy inside, haha