`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craig Kimbrel?

Craig Kimbrel?
I've not paid a lot of attention to prospects/rookies other than those coming up with the hometown team. Can someone fill me in on Kimbrel?
Looking for Zach Britton and other Oriole cards

RE: Craig Kimbrel?
(10-13-2011, 07:53 PM)ChrisSteib Wrote: I've not paid a lot of attention to prospects/rookies other than those coming up with the hometown team. Can someone fill me in on Kimbrel?
Closer/ pitcher, Atlanta Braves, lots of saves/ rookie saves record/ had 46 saves on the season, considered front runner to win rookie of the year for National league.

Wow, I'm really out of it then. Thanks for the response.
Looking for Zach Britton and other Oriole cards

he was our rookie closer this season. during spring training it was a toss up between him and Jonny Venters, up until right before the season started they were going to share that roll as closer and mix it up, but shortly before the season started wren passed it down that just one. kimbrel was that man. venters his setup guy.

the first 3/4 of the season they absolutely blew away the opposition. kimbrel had a couple blown saves very early on, and then went on a giant unhittable stretch.

throws hard (hits upper 90s/100 on his fastball routinely) . has an amazing K/9 rate (almost 15 strikeouts per 9 innings) had his share of hiccups at the end of the season as did most of the back end of our bullpen from how much use they got.

still ended up with an awesome year, and has a very good chance of pulling rookie of the year.

alabama born and raised. has a funny setup before his delivery crouches forward reaaaaaaally low. also I can't remember when it was but I believe his first year in college around age 18 he broke his left foot and unable to walk on it he started throwing from his knees. learned a lot about pitching and upper body and mechanics from that apparently and it helped him a ton in what he does now.
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors