`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on Auction

Update on Auction
For some reason it will not let me post to my old thread. Just a quick update to everyone that I won the card. May of paid a bit to much but it seems to be about right. Def my biggest purchase ever. Thought I had no chance and just went ahead and placed a dollar increment bid with 10 sec left and won.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250902345227?ssP...1439.l2649

RE: Update on Auction
Awesome card! I wanna get me one. Whats the deal with the Panthers having Contenders Sp's back then. Smiths is a SP and Peppers really was a SP

(10-05-2011, 10:33 PM)jefdav1831 Wrote: For some reason it will not let me post to my old thread. Just a quick update to everyone that I won the card. May of paid a bit to much but it seems to be about right. Def my biggest purchase ever. Though I had no chance and just went ahead and placed a dollar increment bid with 10 sec left and won.

(10-05-2011, 10:33 PM)jefdav1831 Wrote: For some reason it will not let me post to my old thread. Just a quick update to everyone that I won the card. May of paid a bit to much but it seems to be about right. Def my biggest purchase ever. Though I had no chance and just went ahead and placed a dollar increment bid with 10 sec left and won.

glad you won... but $92?? hmmm... I noticed a private bidder on that auction, and also that one guy bidding like 10 times... man I sure hope you weren't shilled to that amount... it is a sweet card though...Smile
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(10-05-2011, 10:37 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: Awesome card! I wanna get me one. Whats the deal with the Panthers having Contenders Sp's back then. Smiths is a SP and Peppers really was a SP
That is what I have been thinking. Looking in the PG it looks like most cards from that 2001 set were limited sp's. Wanted to go ahead and pick this up since I am collecting the contender's auto's for panther players, and I never see this one listed. Prob will not purchase anything for a bit after this haha.

(10-05-2011, 10:43 PM)superynaldo Wrote: glad you won... but $92?? hmmm... I noticed a private bidder on that auction, and also that one guy bidding like 10 times... man I sure hope you weren't shilled to that amount... it is a sweet card though...Smile
Yea I hope not either. The other one listed is a BIN and it is about 40 bucks more than what I paid. Also a psa 9 graded sold for around 112 a few days ago. Figured it is prob the going rate right now for it.

(10-05-2011, 10:44 PM)jefdav1831 Wrote: That is what I have been thinking. Looking in the PG it looks like most cards from that 2001 set were limited sp's. Wanted to go ahead and pick this up since I am collecting the contender's auto's for panther players, and I never see this one listed. Prob will not purchase anything for a bit after this haha.

Yea I hope not either. The other one listed is a BIN and it is about 40 bucks more than what I paid. Also a psa 9 graded sold for around 112 a few days ago. Figured it is prob the going rate right now for it.
sounds like it worked out... good card though either way...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

Ya can't always look at how many times somebody bids on a certain item.Just this past week I was trying to get a Hakeem Nicks Contenders college RC and i bid like 5 times going up a dollar each time, then I went up to 5-10 dollar increments still not being the top bidder. I then bid what I was willing to pay lol and was still outbid.I had to of bid like 10-12 times lol doesnt matter though,ended up buying it for like 10 bucks cheaper from another seller.

Nice card, and seems like a fair price. Congrats
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

You CAN NOT post threads that have links to active eBay items. Only AFTER they end. So the Mods took off that thread. Sorry
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

great pickup, he is on a tear this year with cam newton. Might be his career best year if he can stay healthy
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(10-06-2011, 12:15 AM)mattfastiggi Wrote: You CAN NOT post threads that have links to active eBay items. Only AFTER they end. So the Mods took off that thread. Sorry
Thanks for the tip.