`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
going to retire collecting

going to retire collecting
I have been collecting for over 13 years. I am now 22. I got a good job, and the past 2 years I just have been going nuts buying high end boxes. maybe spending $300-$600 a week on cards. Just going crazy buying all the sweet boxes i never could afford. After I hit the card of a life time (in my opinion) my All Time Greats 9 player 1/1 auto of :

Jordan
Bird
magic
D.Robinson
Julius Erving
J.West
Havlicek
Hakeem
Russel

I just feel like I cant get any better cards than that.

I am now selling all my cards in my collection but that 9 auto card, and going to buy a Jordan rookie, and call it quits.

I just recently found this Beckett forum, and I wish I found it 5 years ago.

Good luck to you all! and I wish you all the best.

RE: going to retire collecting
Wish you all the best too.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

*violin music*
no seriously, if you have any rodmans let me know

Why quit?

Why not just cut down on how much you spend?

Everything in moderation.

meh

He'll be back. If hes been doing it for 13 years, we all know its not something you can quit overnight......many have tried. lol

It sounds like you don't wanna quit. Just collect your favorite team or player. Cut it down, something.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

Dont leave, were trying to keep traffic here lol
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

You may think there is no card better, but one day, when they have a card of a player or players you love with AU, Ball Patch and Shoe on the card (probably another booklet), you'll be back. They always come back. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(09-27-2011, 01:10 PM)baz0045 Wrote: I have been collecting for over 13 years. I am now 22. I got a good job, and the past 2 years I just have been going nuts buying high end boxes. maybe spending $300-$600 a week on cards. Just going crazy buying all the sweet boxes i never could afford.
I was feeling the exact same thing about two months ago. I am/was in the same situation as you. Finally got a job that allowed me to afford cards again. When I was young, I couldnt afford them and nor could my family. I had to cut back drastically because I spent $600 in one week and didnt even realize it until my wife said something. I have cut down drastically and getting cards now makes it more meaningful because I truly want them. Narrow your collection down and just focus on that. It seemed to help with me.

[Image: Nick.jpg]