• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Who is the best 6th Man in NBA History

RE: OT: Who is the best 6th Man in NBA History
(09-17-2011, 07:06 PM)EvaSoSmooth3 Wrote: Starks 96-98
bump...STARKS def

Starks Or ginobili
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

Um, tough question. Personally, I'd probably have to go with Manu Ginobili as well. He accepts his role, knows it's best for the team, and plays it very well. Jason Terry is a very close second.

And before Josh accuses me of going against the Pistons, lol, Vinnie is definitely in my top 5, but there are so many people that do it more consistently than he did. Believe me, he's awesome, you don't get the nickname Microwave for no reason, but Manu and Jason are just sweet off the bench.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Manu was mentioned many times. I thought of him myself.

Jason Terry and Nick Van Exel were some of the best 6th men ever, IMO.

Yes, when Ben Gordon came off the bench in Chicago, I loved watching him play.

There were alot of great 6th men mentioned, but I am flabbergasted at the fact that no one, and I mean no one metions Lamar Odom in previous posts.

The man is the greatest utility player for any team and didn't start while in his prime for the Lakers. He could have been the man (not just started) on quite a few NBA teams.

There was a reason D-Wade wanted Odom on his last contract with L.A., the guy is a great weapon on both ends of the court and almost every position on the floor.

How many of you that posted are like, " Oh yeah!" right now????
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Kinda bugging me people keep saying Manu as in present tense. He started much more than he came off the bench last season(I'm pretty sure). So you're talking about CAREER sixth men, I'd still go with Johnson. Then Jason Terry.
Collecting:
Detroit Pistons
Greg Monroe
Jonas Jerebko
Austin Daye
Terrico White
89-90 Championship Teams
[Image: Sig01.jpg]

Starks was also a great sixth man from 90-93 as well as 96-98
I have 300+ different John Starks Cards.
I sell basketball cards. If I trade ... All i want is John Starks cards. or bv 20.00 cards
I collect:
John Starks
International and Oddball John Starks
JOhn Starks autos and game used
Anthony Mason
Hubert Davis
20.00+ Kobe, Jordan, Derrick Rose, Durant, Lebron

All of the players mentioned have started for an NBA team at some point of their respective careers.

I would consider all of them 6th men though. They made important contributions from the bench at some other point in those same careers.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

SMH! i know its been years ago but no one has mentioned Frank Ramsey! at one point was considered the best sixth man in all of basketball.

(09-19-2011, 01:28 PM)got watcha want Wrote: Manu was mentioned many times. I thought of him myself.

Jason Terry and Nick Van Exel were some of the best 6th men ever, IMO.

Yes, when Ben Gordon came off the bench in Chicago, I loved watching him play.

There were alot of great 6th men mentioned, but I am flabbergasted at the fact that no one, and I mean no one metions Lamar Odom in previous posts.

The man is the greatest utility player for any team and didn't start while in his prime for the Lakers. He could have been the man (not just started) on quite a few NBA teams.

There was a reason D-Wade wanted Odom on his last contract with L.A., the guy is a great weapon on both ends of the court and almost every position on the floor.

How many of you that posted are like, " Oh yeah!" right now????
:raises hand: Wow, I forgot all about Lamar, good one!

and to the Pistons fan, sorry bud, but I just never saw Vinnie play, JUST before my time. It's no diss to him, just before my time...so how can I say him if I never saw him play?
(09-18-2011, 09:43 AM)vgqv Wrote: This is based purely on my memory of watching the NBA since the 90s and in no particular order...

- Bobby Jackson, Kings. I remember Doug Christie would start the 2 and Bobby would be the first guy off the bench. Man, what a speedy and dangerous backcourt he made with Mike Bibby. Really fun to watch, a shame that Kings team didn't win a ring. They were good enough.
- John Starks, Knicks. What can I say? lol
- Ben Gordon, Bulls. He was so good when he came off the bench, he should've never left Chicago. He's doing less now with the Pistons than what he was doing with the Bulls, only difference being that he's getting paid a lot more, IMO.
- Manu Ginobili, Spurs. What a gritty player.
- Jamal Crawford, Hawks. And you thought you got a break when JJ came out the game, HA.
- Jason Terry, Mavericks. What a transition from rising star on the Hawks and then he went to the Mavs and found his niche in being THE 6th man.
- Nick Van Exel, Mavericks. He wasn't there long but that was some sick back court with Nash...

Thats all that come to mind...
Just wanted to add:
- Lamar Odom, Lakers. So talented, can do it all...
- Antawn Jamison, Mavericks. I remember when they had Jamison coming off the bench while 'Toine started the game. That Dallas team was so deep. Jamison is too good of a player to ever come off the bench
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(09-17-2011, 07:06 PM)EvaSoSmooth3 Wrote: Starks 96-98
There you go!!! Ultimate sparkplug.