`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OT: How do bat companies make money?

OT: How do bat companies make money?
I was just curious on how bat companies like marucci make money. Do they just give the players the bats, or do the players actually need to pay for them? Cause i see a lot of players using them, so thats what brought up this question.
Any ideas?
thanks!
collecting Cheslor Cuthbert.
I can 50/50 midwest league autos.
[Image: chesbatting-2-1.jpg]

RE: OT: How do bat companies make money?
I think a large part of it is they give the major leaguers the bats, and people like you and me see our favorite players using a certain bat, and decide we want to buy one for ourselves. There are a lot more people playing baseball than the 30 teams in the major leagues, so there is still a large audience of potential customers out there.

Per Louisville Slugger, the league pays for the bats. In the Minors they have to buy their own bats.
Is this thing on?

I think they make some dough off of Mariano Rivera. You ever see how many bats that guy breaks?

(09-17-2011, 02:02 PM)shivelycore Wrote: Per Louisville Slugger, the league pays for the bats. In the Minors they have to buy their own bats.
The team pays for the bat's not the league, some players have theirs custom made, like Bonds etc....

The league does not pay anything as far as the players equipment goes, that is something the team negotiates in the contract for the player when they draft them , sign them from FA, etc..
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

The bats are not cheap either..
Remember the story (sad) of the player traded for equipment (bats)...
So they are valuable enough for that...

(09-18-2011, 07:55 PM)shezdoni Wrote: The team pays for the bat's not the league, some players have theirs custom made, like Bonds etc....

The league does not pay anything as far as the players equipment goes, that is something the team negotiates in the contract for the player when they draft them , sign them from FA, etc..

I meant team when I typed league.
Is this thing on?

They sell the left overs to Topps so they can chop it up and call it "game used" by a player who never even seen the same bat.

(09-19-2011, 06:20 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: The bats are not cheap either..
Remember the story (sad) of the player traded for equipment (bats)...
So they are valuable enough for that...
John Odom, minor leaguer, he was traded for 10 maple bats worth $650, that comes out to $65 each, needless to say, that trade was the cause of his death, he took his own life.

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/index.ss...all_p.html

The team that traded him for the bats, was known for trying to make kooky deals for players, one of them, they tried to trade 1500 blue seats for a pitcher, when they were remodeling their park.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35