`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Guess My Mailman Doesn't Like Vince Carter :(

RE: I Guess My Mailman Doesn't Like Vince Carter :(
It was jammed in a sorter and the friction caused the damage. I have had issues like this before. When you mark your packages as fragile, it happens less often. Bad beat.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Wow, that package is beat up. is your mailman ace venture? Thats all I can picture is the scene from that movie with him throwing the package, kicking it and stuff. But for real sorry for the loss. Was a nice card.
Always looking for MJ-Lebron-Wade-Durant-Hill-Wall-Cousins-Bledsoe-Patterson-Orton-Meeks-Prince-Magloire-Nazr-Mercer-McCarty-Delk-Walker-Mashburn- Football-Cobb-Conner-Tamme
[Image: sigpic2.png]

(09-13-2011, 08:44 PM)gjpoll1 Wrote: Yeah that really sucks, it looks like it was a re-used mailer. That could of been the problem.
Yeah, a reused mailer just spontaneously ripped open and caused damage to the card while just sitting in his mail box.

By the way. I am the one who sent him those cards...
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

Pm sent Briankort, and it's okay it happens. I know the post office is to blame in this situation. Briankort is a good trader. I have traded with him before, and all went well.
(09-13-2011, 11:10 PM)b33rman Wrote: Wow, that package is beat up. is your mailman ace venture? Thats all I can picture is the scene from that movie with him throwing the package, kicking it and stuff. But for real sorry for the loss. Was a nice card.
LOL to the Ace Ventura reference. I haven't watched that in forever. I need to get it and the popcorn out Smile
[Image: 874443ef-c8de-4d88-b4bf-5d7ddde46512.jpg]
Collect Hines, Marshawn Lynch, Shaq, & Vince Carter!

That totally sucks. I just recently traded for a Steve Young auto and the bubble mailer was mangled so bad that the PO put it in another package with a sorry note attached. Luckily the card was sent in a screw-down so there was no damage. I lucked out on that one!

(09-13-2011, 11:59 PM)evolb909 Wrote: That totally sucks. I just recently traded for a Steve Young auto and the bubble mailer was mangled so bad that the PO put it in another package with a sorry note attached. Luckily the card was sent in a screw-down so there was no damage. I lucked out on that one!
Wow, that's some good luck...that's not how I thought that story would end at all lol. Kudos to the trader who put it in a screw-down. He just knew the post office would find a way to mess it up lol, so they was extra careful Smile
[Image: 874443ef-c8de-4d88-b4bf-5d7ddde46512.jpg]
Collect Hines, Marshawn Lynch, Shaq, & Vince Carter!

(09-14-2011, 12:13 AM)jboedicker Wrote: Wow, that's some good luck...that's not how I thought that story would end at all lol. Kudos to the trader who put it in a screw-down. He just knew the post office would find a way to mess it up lol, so they was extra careful Smile
Hahaha, yeah I lucked out on that one. Many thanks to chuckfe248!!!

sorry to hear of your troubles... I had something like that happen a few times.. the sorter always ruins cards. I had the same card ruined 3 times.. luckily it was a somewhat cheap card, but one was shipped from Canada, which shipping got me. Because it was sent registered. it was a SPX 06-07 card I need to complete a set. The inner part of the jersey was always bent. Package looked fine, no damage, but the card was in a toploader and penny sleeve. I started asking sellers to ship in magnetic holder or put the extra card-placers on each side of the card, when it's a card over $20. This is how I ship my cards. I buy bubble mailers in bulk or at CVS. I spend about $2-2.75 for two.. they are usually buy one get one free or buy one get one half off. Lowest I've seen then was .99 cents.

[Image: envelope.jpg]
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*