`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinion on 2012 Topps Tribute

Opinion on 2012 Topps Tribute
A LCS has offered me 12 boxes of 2012 Tribute just over factory cost What would you do? Opinion Please thxs

RE: Opinion on 2012 Topps Tribute
Personally, I would pass. Im not a big fan of it, and I still dont really udnerstand why it shot up in price this year.... You could hit a Ruth Mantle Cano Auto Schmidt Auto and still lose out at the price their currently at..
[Image: cars1-1.gif]

Always Looking for Corey Wootton. I also can 50/50 MWL For Autos.

never been a fan of tribute....always thought it looked cheap for some reason....
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

I've always liked Tribute much more than Triple Threads. I think Triple Threads is just ugly, especially the stenciled swatches
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Tribute, to me, is an absolutely GORGEOUS high end product. The price isn't completely justified, but the odds of hitting something big is increased. The price skyrocketed this year because this was the first contemporary high end Topps product that Hank Aaron AND Sandy Koufax appeared in. Not to mention all the other cool stuff (Roger Maris relics, etc...). There was also the Albert Pujols graded rookie auto redemptions that were inserted. I could have preordered it for $200/box. Like a dummy I passed on it and once the product dropped, the price JUMPED! Don't know if this year's will be as good. I hope they insert more Pujols rookie auto redemptions! I'd jump on a chance like that if I could. I hope that helped.

(09-12-2011, 10:38 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: I've always liked Tribute much more than Triple Threads. I think Triple Threads is just ugly, especially the stenciled swatches

+1. But at that price, it is REALLY hit or miss. At least if you get 12 boxes, you are bound to hit SOMETHING pretty incredible, I would think.