`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
My first pack

My first pack
I was going through a box of old stuff the other day, and came upon these beauties:
[Image: firstpack.jpg]

They are from my first pack of cards, bought for me by one of my parents when I was 5. I have no idea what possessed them to buy it, as I was probably too young to really care about them. My dad had cards as a kid, maybe he decided I should have a pack. Whatever the reason, somehow four cards from that pack made it through all the torment I must have given them at age 5. Now they are in toploaders and will be kept with my other PC cards, as worthless as they are to anyone else. I remember the guy with the armpit hairs sticking out, and how it grossed my mom out...Anyway, I thought I'd share, and figured we could get some good stories from other people about their first pack.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

RE: My first pack
I love how the Romine is bent to hell and also in a penny sleeve to prevent any further damage Smile All kidding aside, that's some nostalgia right there, I must have started collecting a year before you, my first pack was '88 Topps from the drugstore.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Haha they're all in toploaders now! I want to preserve the damage as is. Big Grin
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

I remember getting two bags of 90 bowman from a thrift store back in the day....the Cal Eldred was a hot card at one time Big Grin
[Image: 374.gif][Image: 1337.gif]

Haha at the armpit hair guy. I actually was going thru some stuff the other day and found a 1983 topps Brian Downing I got autographed when I was younger. The corners are rounded but it is still priceless to me. Signed in a ball point so you know I didn't know what the heck I was doing then.

I didn't notice that the armpit hair guy's armpit hair was showing, until you pointed it out.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I don't know why these guys sign in pen when a sharpie is sitting there also.

Last year before a game at PNC Park,Dave Giusti signed a team issue in sharpie for me and when he signed my card he picked up the crappiest pen ever made and "signed" my card.

(09-12-2011, 04:21 PM)woodrowsbat Wrote: I don't know why these guys sign in pen when a sharpie is sitting there also.

Last year before a game at PNC Park,Dave Giusti signed a team issue in sharpie for me and when he signed my card he picked up the crappiest pen ever made and "signed" my card.
I saw some kid try to get his lightsaber signed by some minor league players on Star Wars day at the stadium. And all he had was a ballpoint pen Big Grin
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)