`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E-Bay question...

E-Bay question...
If someone doesnt put that they combine shipping and I win two of there auctions and dont ask if they combine before the auction ends should I have topay for shipping on both? What if they ship in one package? Do sellers have to combine shipping?

RE: E-Bay question...
Sellers don't have to. If you haven't paid yet, I would ask the seller, they probably would give you a discount
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

I have forgotten to put combine shipping on my auctions sometimes and when asked by someone if they win multiple cards or items then I combine it. Even after the fact if they ask or not I combine it anyways. It's what keeps you as a reputable seller on ebay.
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

If you paid for both shipping and they send in one package, one star on shipping for excessive charge. That's what I do. If you charge me two shipping charges, I will be expecting two separate packages.

I have purchased many a card from the same seller, sometimes 3-5 cards and when I ask its usually the same "I can't discount my shipping" I always factor in the "extra" shipping as they didn't state they combine. And whether its one or 5 envelopes they have the right to ship that way, I also had the right not to buy because they don't discount, so I never drop them stars because they were honest in the shipping description.
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

If it's not listed in their auction, then no, they don't HAVE to combine shipping. If you bid on an auction and won or just did a BIN, you agreed to their terms at that time you submitted your offer. Similar to a trade on here. Once the trade is agreed upon, you can't then go and change the trade conditions on your own.

It's ALWAYS best to ask before it ends. However, sometimes there isn't enough time. I've had a case where I saw a couple of auctions about 15 minutes before they ended and assumed that the seller would not see my questions about combining shipping in time. At that point, you have to ask yourself if it's worth it to bite the bullet and pay a little more for s/h if it comes up. If it's not, then don't bid. If you're cool with it and factor it into your bidding anyway, great.

I really wouldn't get all that worked up about it either if they don't combine s/h and ship in one package. Some people, (not you OP!) on here come across as being more concerned with how much they paid in s/h and if it was spot on in regards to how much the seller had to pay for it than they are the item they bought in the first place.

I always combine shipping and state as such in my listings. There were a few times in the past where I, for some reason, didn't have that listed in there but still combined anyway. I've even had people win multiple listings and pay within 5 minutes of them ending resulting in them being charged s/h twice. I think there is a way to work that but I haven't figured it out. In any event, I just automatically refund them the money I wouldn't have charged to begin with. To my surprise, they are EXTREMELY surprised when I've done that (only about 2 or 3 times) and are grateful.