`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Screw up of 2011 Topps Chrome -- The USA redemption sets

First Screw up of 2011 Topps Chrome -- The USA redemption sets
I've seen several of these going on the bay for high amounts. Sucks for whoever bought them, I don't think there's anything they can do about it. Anyway, here's the scoop

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

Collectors ripping into boxes of 2011 Topps Chrome baseball cards arriving today may find a redemption card for a set of USA Baseball cards.

That ain’t happening, according to Topps, as the company announced Wednesday that there was a mistake with the redemptions and previously announced sales materials.

Instead, the redemptions are good for a single pack of USA cards containing as many as six members of the 22-player squad.

Redemptions can be found in standard Chrome form as well as Refractors and the following colored Refractors — Blue, Gold, Atomic, Red, SuperFractor (1/1) and Printing Plates.

Collectors who find USA Baseball autographs in boxes will also receive a second signature as the amateurs’ autographs are bonus cards.

This really sucks!!!!! I though this was one product Topps wasn't going to mess up. Sad
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

RE: First Screw up of 2011 Topps Chrome -- The USA redemption sets
Epic Fail Topps!
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

(09-07-2011, 04:55 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: I though this was one product Topps wasn't going to mess up. Sad
As bad as they messed up last years Chrome I'm not even buying any this year just figuring something would be messed up. Hopefully that's the worst. Seems like the cards aren't bent this year anyways...
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

Ok now I'm lost.
I knew u weren't getting a set, but wasn't it listed as a pack w 5 autos inside on the sell sheet?

Just when you think Topps can't screw up any worse......

Thank you MLB for allowing a company of morons to monopolize our hobby!
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

I haven't bought anything in the last month or so and won't be until next year. Topps is a POS company that shouldn't even be in business let alone the lone maker of MLB cards. Redemptions are always late, cards have defects, they put cards on packaging that don't exist, customer service sucks, the Diamond Giveaway site barely works, the cards you "win" in MCG and Diamond giveaway are more often than not abused, the designs are boring, they put redemptions in now that you can't redeem, I can go on and on. .....Why do we still buy their product?

(09-08-2011, 07:23 AM)phillies816 Wrote: Why do we still buy their product?
That's the point! We have no options and they know it. It's exactly why antitrust laws exist because it allows companies to screw customers with bad products, bad service, and bad prices. I just wish people would have the self-control to STOP buying boxes and cases and just start buying singles on eBay from previous seasons and force them to fix their issues
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

(09-08-2011, 07:36 AM)keyser soze Wrote: That's the point! We have no options and they know it. It's exactly why antitrust laws exist because it allows companies to screw customers with bad products, bad service, and bad prices. I just wish people would have the self-control to STOP buying boxes and cases and just start buying singles on eBay from previous seasons and force them to fix their issues
Actually that's exactly what I plan on doing. I have recently enjoyed getting RCs from the 80's and early 90's far more than the more recent stuff. Anything new or more recent that I want I will trade for or buy off Ebay. Topps has now joined a growing list of companies I will no longer do business with.

I only want 2 cards from the whole 2011 Topps Chrome product. I already bought them for a total of 25 dollars. Saved me 35 dollars by not buying a 70 dollar box that most likely would not have given me those two cards. I only buy singles, no boxes or cases
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

(09-08-2011, 09:46 AM)elfeo013 Wrote: I only want 2 cards from the whole 2011 Topps Chrome product. I already bought them for a total of 25 dollars. Saved me 35 dollars by not buying a 70 dollar box that most likely would not have given me those two cards. I only buy singles, no boxes or cases
This really is the way to go. Not as much fun, but cheaper and a helluva lot less frustrating.