`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
what would you rather have .....

RE: what would you rather have .....
I like both!! but I just love the older on card stuff....I am trying to put together my little top 50 all time QB auto pc and I snag up lots of the on card stuff...all of the ones I have gotten so Far have the Authentication Stamps,or they have the Certificate on the back just like the newer ones do.
I have early 90's autos of guys like Steve Young,Jim Everett,Troy Aikman and mid-late 90's of Jim Hart,Jim Plunkett,Earl Moral...I just love them...but at the same time...some of the newer stuff really grabs my attention as well.

(09-08-2011, 12:34 PM)bigtrip18 Wrote: Well, at least there's one. Everytime I try and make a trade for it the other person always, always try to highway rob me b/c it's a pc item. And then there are the times when someone has it, but only if I buy/trade for the ENTIRE set.

But that's ok, it's not like I don't already have a signed fb, 16x20, and a half dozen patches.

Now I have a question for you pbean, would you rather have the rookie yr auto a la Brady or Manning contenders, or an in person auto of your favorite player?
"in person" as in shake his hand, get your picture taken "in person" ??? Smile

hmmmmm ..... if it was Barry Sanders, Peyton Manning, or any other of my fav players I'd definately take the "in person" anyday Smile

but, if it was just an "on-card" auto from one of them then I'd definately take the RC Peyton or Brady auto (also two of our "fav" players as well Smile) just to have in our NFT PC Smile

this has just been making me wonder ..... we've been picking up a few auto's on da bay, and have picked up a few sweet cards from the '90's and it's amazed me how cheap we got them Smile

why ???, dunno but it's probably because they're high "d cards from when they were playing, and not high $$$ SP's since their retirement ..... for us it really doesn't matter because we'll cherish either the same Smile

To me, it depends upon a few things --

1) Who the player is - If it is a HOF'er, gimme the low-number retired auto card. If it is some no name player, I would rather have a high numbered auto while he was still playing. Hopefully, there would be a collector that might be interested in it... and that brings me to,
2) Am I going to move it - I picked up a large auto/memorabilia auction on eBay, and snagged a Montana auto card and a Peterson/Lynch dual auto card. I'm keeping them, even though they are not PC guys. I plan on moving the remaining autographs. The Montana is a 98 UD Encore and the dual auto is a 07 Topps Rookie Premiere, and both are on card btw.
3) When did I get it - This closely relates to #1, but not exactly. Most likely, I'm gonna prefer the most recent auto I can get, so most likely I will go with a retired player over an active player.
4) Type of card - Basically, we are talking about cards from the 90's to current. Most of the current players' autographs come from their rookie cards, or at least from their rookie year, and are typically stickers now. It is a well-known fact that several of the rookies didn't even sign their own stickers... instead, letting family and friends sign the players name for them. I have also heard of them using autopens or even stamps! I don't think I have ever heard of a retired player doing that.

Soooo... a low numbered auto of a retired player.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

I guess I'm in a different league being from Wisconsin. I've had a bunch of in person meetings AND signings that probably spoiled me a bit. I've met Lee Evans and William Henderson and Fuzzy Thurston and my parents have met guys like Singletary and Grbac (long story on Grbac). and a few others.

I've gotten things signed from them and sometimes just chatted for a bit. I remeber those experiences a lot more than which good card I got and where and what it will do to my bank account in the future.

To me, I would rather meet any member of the 60's Packers or 96 packers than pull a rc auto from any of the last 11 yrs drfat class, excluding Aaron Rodgers.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

I would want a low number but not so low there is no set value in the price guide for it. No set numbers drive me nuts and im probably not the only one.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.