`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mailweek showoff thread; don't enter if you hate HOFer patches.

Mailweek showoff thread; don't enter if you hate HOFer patches.
To make a long story short, 2002 Fleer Fall Classics was my first. My first pack I bought, my first blaster box, my first game-used card, my first hobby box... If the hobby were high school, this set would be the girlfriend I got freshman year that I hit for the cycle with.
Sure, I've had flames since, but nothing will replace her. So I'm replacing just about everything else with her. I'm going after all of them. Every last card produced in that set. With over 180 cards short-printed to 50 copies or less, and a good chunk of them being HOFer game-used cards, this won't be a cheap task.
But it's going to be fun, and it'll definitely hold its value.

I'm debating on purchasing and working on an organize for this, as I think trading might be a bit more cost-effective than selling what I do have and purchasing these, but then again, I have to wonder how many of these cards are actually for trade, or are just gathering dust in a random count-box somewhere in your closets. And even if you do have them, do I have anything you want?

FTR, most of my cards are from 2002-2008, so if you're looking for current prospects, the pickings will be slim. I did bust some A&G from the current years along with a little Bowman Platinum whilst picking up toploaders at the local shop. LMK if you think I should, if you think (or know) that you have these, and I'll basically decide sometime this weekend.
I guess that didn't really make it THAT short, did it? And I sure hope I remember how to imbed images right. Or this will be embarrassing.

Oh, and let me know if you want me to show-off the rest of the set I have so far. There's more patchy goodness where this came from.

Gold Parallels #d/50. For those wondering why the Ruth doesn't have a gold namebar like the rest; that card is an SP in the main set. Why the SPs don't have a gold bar and just a gold logo, I don't know.
[Image: pcfc0001.jpg]
[Image: pcfc0002.jpg]

Rival Factions #d/500
[Image: pcfc0003.jpg]

And the reason why you clicked on it:
[Image: pcfc0004.jpg]
[Image: pcfc0005.jpg]
Spent $100 combined, $85 on that patch.

RE: Mailweek showoff thread; don't enter if you hate HOFer patches.
I don't collect much baseball, but that patch is sick, congrats!
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

RE: Mailweek showoff thread; don't enter if you hate HOFer patches.
Great Cards! Sounds like an awesome project. Good Luck.
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!